Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 16th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Supermoon over Nubble Light

Just got back from a week on the coast of Maine and started going through my shots....

Caught the Supermoon last weekend after it rose above the clouds at Nubble Light.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #2    Top
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Supermoon over Nubble Light

What a beautiful image John. That would have been a great entry for the ccc.

Hope you had a great trip.
  #3    Top
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Awesome shot. I am loving the reflections of the lights in the water.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
  #4    Top
Old August 17th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Agreed, this is great!
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

lovely ,, love the 3 stripes across the water and still had enough light to illuminate the lighthouse and get some detail from the rocks underneath
  #6    Top
Old August 21st, 2014, 08:23 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Well Done I plead guilty to not getting up and out for this event, old and lazy. Hats off you captured it well.
  #7    Top
Old August 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Well Done I plead guilty to not getting up and out for this event, old and lazy. Hats off you captured it well.
Could be worse Jerry. At least you're not upset about it. Every time things like this happen here, we seem to always end up with cloud cover. I've gotten the Supermoon all of once. Every time I was in Buffalo and was told "The Aurora Borealis will be seen as far south as X" I'd look out and see nothing but gray over Lake Erie. Same with the annual meteor showers. Maybe I should move to where there are hurricanes and tornadoes...I figure one of two things will happen, Either I'll be able to actually get some weather shots for once, or the phenomenon will never happen in that area again.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
  #8    Top
Old August 21st, 2014, 10:51 AM

You definitely caught something extraordinary! I love the contrast between the red light of the light house and the white light of the moon; the reflection on the water further magnifies the beauty!
  #9    Top
Old August 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKuhn View Post
Could be worse Jerry. At least you're not upset about it. Every time things like this happen here, we seem to always end up with cloud cover. I've gotten the Supermoon all of once. Every time I was in Buffalo and was told "The Aurora Borealis will be seen as far south as X" I'd look out and see nothing but gray over Lake Erie. Same with the annual meteor showers. Maybe I should move to where there are hurricanes and tornadoes...I figure one of two things will happen, Either I'll be able to actually get some weather shots for once, or the phenomenon will never happen in that area again.
Thanks for all the comments folks!!

Well it was touch and go here as well..... I told my wife I was going down there the first night of our vacation to catch this. Of course we got stuck in traffic as one of the towns was having it's fireworks that night, rescheduled from July 4th....

I got there and about 75 other photographers apparently had the same idea, there were tripods everywhere. I scouted out an area where I could try and get a decent shot without interfering with those who planned better than I that day.

I observed what appeared to be a spot that accomplished the above, however, on my way down the rocks which I've climbed down about a hundred times before I hit a wet slick spot which acted just like ice. With my tripod in one hand and a full camera bag slung over my shoulder down I went, twisting my knee and landing on my shoulder as I attempted to lessen the impact on my bag. After catching my breath I found I couldn't bend my knee and I felt like I had dislocated my shoulder. I sat for a few minutes and then began to feel a bit better. I was able to get up and after some bending and stretching realized I was dinged up but nothing as serious as I originally thought.

On I went to setup and shoot and all of a sudden a wall of low clouds developed just off shore. What else could go wrong? The time of the moonrise came and went an no moon was visible. Slowly most of the photog's began to leave. I too headed back up the rocks and was planning to leave when I noticed some streaks of light emanating from behind the cloud deck. So I decided to setup one more time and see what happened. About an hour or so more the moon suddenly made an appearance from behind the clouds. Now I had my chance. After several attempts and some chimping I noticed the 3 streaks of light and decided to try and exploit those in my shot.

In the end I was glad I hung on and waited.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #10    Top
Old August 22nd, 2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

On I went to setup and shoot and all of a sudden a wall of low clouds developed just off shore. What else could go wrong? The time of the moonrise came and went an no moon was visible. Slowly most of the photog's began to leave. I too headed back up the rocks and was planning to leave when I noticed some streaks of light emanating from behind the cloud deck. So I decided to setup one more time and see what happened. About an hour or so more the moon suddenly made an appearance from behind the clouds. Now I had my chance. After several attempts and some chimping I noticed the 3 streaks of light and decided to try and exploit those in my shot.

In the end I was glad I hung on and waited.
An important lesson on perseverance and patience. Knowing me, I would've checked the radar on my phone and made a judgement call...knowing me though, I probably would've been one of the guys that lost patience and left.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places