Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 21st, 2014, 09:07 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
" In The Still Of The Night "

by jaharris1701, on Flickr
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
EF17-40mm f/4L USM
É/18.0, 17.0 mm, 1/8, ISO 50
  #2    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 03:01 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: " In The Still Of The Night "

Jim arrives just in time
Look out! here comes the photo man

Sorry now you have the Spiderman theme song stuck in my head with that title.

What a wonderful ominous looking sky you have.
  #3    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 05:26 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

That is sooo gorgeous.
My Gear
  #4    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:14 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

This is another stunning image. It looks like the storm is going to hit any moment. Great capture and processing.
  #5    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Lovely light and a great perspective with an excellent processing touch. What's not to enjoy I don't think I'll make it to FL so looking FWD to more. Now I need to get the "Five Satins" song from the year I graduated HS out of my head.

Last edited by jerrywb; October 22nd, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
  #6    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Very nice, I'm loving that sky, and am actually kind of surprised that you froze the foam and waves. I've gotten so used to seeing your silky waves these past few series.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 05:57 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

thank you gang !! very much appreciate the comments !!
Ian, the foreground is actually foam that was basically sitting there on the sand left from a previous wave by this time the seas seemed to have calmed just a tad and I thought the calmness of the water and water activity gave me a sense for the title,, which actually came to me from the 80-90's rock band Whitesnake
thanks again all !!
  #8    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:55 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Beautiful Jim. Not many signs of winter there yet, are there?

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #9    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 07:55 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Ominous looking clouds. Really well composed, using an UWA lens to emphasize the dramatically horizontally converging lines of the horizon, shoreline, wave/foam lines, and clouds to drive the viewer's eye deep into the "eye" of the pending storm(?).
  #10    Top
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Elite VIP Member

Thank you Gary and Russ !! I appreciate the kind words fellas,, nope Gary,, no sign of Winter here as of yet,, still like 87 deg during the day,, we have another "cold front" coming through so hopefully it'll drop the temp down enough we can turn the AC off for a little bit
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places