Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
A Black and White Challenge for YOU

a member I know from here challenged me to a BW challenge on Facebook,, I GLADLY accepted as I just LOVE BW photography,, it got me OUTSIDE today even though it was raining and got the creative juices flowing,, I had a blast even right outside my front door,, SO I thought it would be fun to challenge each and every one of you viewing this thread to get out with your camera, take some images and post them here ( BW images of course ) BW photography makes you view the world in a different way, its NOT about color, its about shape, light, shadow , DOF,, so ,, lets see what YOU guys can come up with and HAVE some fun with your cameras !! That MEANS all of you viewers AND lurkers can participate and have fun too !!

this is my first image,, as I stated it rained today and I saw rain droplets on my car along with this leaf, I own a silver vehicle and when converted to BW it almost looked like Mercury which I enjoyed,,

get out there gang,, have fun and POST UP !!

6bw
by jaharris1701, on Flickr
  #2    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: A Black and White Challenge for YOU

That's a really nice one there buddy! I'll attempt to partake, I think, possibly, maybe, I hope. Now where's my camera?
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
  #3    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Senior VIP Member

Cool shot Jim. Now let me get my camera. I'll be back.

Joshua 1:9
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes."
--Dewitt Jones
John 3:16
flickr
www.southpawphotos.com
  #4    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Senior VIP Member

Here's one from me.

IMG_0011.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr

Joshua 1:9
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes."
--Dewitt Jones
John 3:16
flickr
www.southpawphotos.com
  #5    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Would that be the 5 day BW challenge Jim? I had one of those recently. The hardest part for me though was not the images...but finding people to nominate. All my local camera friends had already participated or had been nominated. Much of what I did was from my Yosemite trip.
  #6    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30D View Post
Here's one from me.

IMG_0011.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr
way to go Jimmy !! Thanks for contributing !! nice capture and conversion !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Would that be the 5 day BW challenge Jim? I had one of those recently. The hardest part for me though was not the images...but finding people to nominate. All my local camera friends had already participated or had been nominated. Much of what I did was from my Yosemite trip.
indeed it IS Clark,, the 5 day BW challenge,, someone said they were gonna nominate me but thought it wouldnt be much of a "challenge" for me since I do alot of BW work anyways, but heck it is,, I look at it as a new day and an opportunity to take some new photo's ,,
I also thought about challenging every "looker" to the same challenge,, you know communities like this thrive from "participation" if nobody participated would ANYONE come here ?? I think probably not,,,so I'm asking the people who may not normally participate to get out there and have some fun AND "participate" its not about comparing yourself to anyone else, if you're new look at it as a learning experience, if you are experienced then look at it as a "participation" experience,, as we come into the Winter months typically things slow down somewhat so lets try and keep things going you can find photo opps even in your front yard !!
  #7    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toby1

Here's a jolly little fellow who lives on my desk...

(How do I get attachments to show full size?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jolly Old Monk.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	495.8 KB
ID:	92920  
  #8    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw View Post
Here's a jolly little fellow who lives on my desk...

(How do I get attachments to show full size?)
There you go !!! He IS a jolly old fella and certainly a great candidate for BW photography !! Thank you for participating gaw !!!
when I click your attachment it shows at a decent size for me ,, unless you use a host such as Flickr,, which is what I use,, they offer a free plan if you are interested. then you can link your images like I do rather then use attachments ,,
nice work sir !!
Keep em coming !!!
  #9    Top
Old November 9th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Great shots you guys!!

Hey gaw - I see your signature changed...did you retire?
BTW - see the last link in my sig for Mario's helpful tutorial about linking a full size image to your post.

Last edited by chellezfotoz; November 9th, 2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added a sentence
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things