Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Old Tractor

Hey all, here my new creation, this tractor is in my family since 1945 if I remember correctly:

=====================
Make: KONICA/MINOLTA CORPORATION
Model: dIMAGE A1
Focal Length: 12mm
F-Number: F/2.8
ISO: 100
Exposure Time: 1/2500 sec.
  #2    Top
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Elite Member
Wow, I REALLY like this photo a lot. Great shot.
  #3    Top
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Yeah, this is quite good. No distracting areas, no hotspots, no nothing. As close to perfect as you could get, personally
For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but have life eternal. (John 3:16)
  #4    Top
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:47 PM
The Fourth Stooge
Overall very good but I find the back ground distracting.
  #5    Top
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Overall very good but I find the back ground distracting.
I agree with that. I would love to see the color version of this photo, think it'll look good too

Loco
  #6    Top
Old July 28th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Junior VIP Member
I'm quite fond of the choice of B7W for this photo, as well as of the composition, which has the subject take up most of the frame. Also, I like that you went with a deep focus; it makes the whole shot just feel very...natural.
  #7    Top
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:41 PM
here the color version for the one who asked:

#8    Top
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:53 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The B/W treatment seems to enhance the feeling of an old tractor. Your focus and exposure look pretty good and you have some rich blacks in the B/W version. I think some different angles would have minimized the effect of the building in the background. Overall, nicely done.
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:57 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I agree with Carl regarding a different angle to help isolate the tractor from the rather busy background, but other than that, a really well made shot.
  #10    Top
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:18 PM
like the b&w much better, it's a nice angle I almost feel like it's comming at me
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places