Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:31 AM
Discovering the GoPro

Hi everyone, I was off on a trip to French Polynesia recently, in the South Pacific. Fancied doing some underwater photography of the coral reefs so got myself a GoPro Hero 4 Silver with underwater case. Had all my DSLR gear with me but spent most of the trip shooting stuff with the GoPro on the end of a stick. Brilliant fun and so portable compared to the my other gear. The Silver is the first to have a viewing screen on the back so you can now see what the camera is pointing at and also review the shot after capture. Edited the sequences on my laptop with GoPro studio during the trip - Great Fun!
  #2    Top
Old January 1st, 2016, 10:16 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Discovering the GoPro

Can you post some images? it would be great to see what you shot.
  #3    Top
Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:35 AM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

lol, I was going to say the same Clark...this is a photography foums lol I have seen some AMAZING photos taken with the GoPros and simply beautiful videos as well. A very capable little camera for sure.
  #4    Top
Old January 2nd, 2016, 05:23 AM

Hi everyone

The GoPro and I travelled on a freighter that visits islands not usually frequented by tourists,
I have posted a short sequence on Vimeo. It is made from stills and GoPro video footage including a timelapse sequence at the end.

The sequence is password protected. The password is Aranui (that was the name of the freighter)

https://vimeo.com/149586713

Enjoy!
  #5    Top
Old January 2nd, 2016, 10:19 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

GoPro's are awesome........ I shoot a lot of my bike rides with a GoPro Hero 3+ and the quality of photos and videos is incredible.

My lovely wife just upgraded me with a GoPro Hero 4 Silver for Christmas last week. I've yet to be able to use it but I'm looking forward to giving it a workout. I'm looking forward to doing some comparisons between the two models.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #6    Top
Old January 3rd, 2016, 04:57 AM

It was a Silver GoPro I used for most of this sequence. The underwater housing worked great and shooting the sequences, swimming with the sharks and fishes was great fun! View this at: https://vimeo.com/149586713[/url]
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old January 3rd, 2016, 08:57 AM

I'd better clarify that the Vimeo website where you can view this sequence is:

https://vimeo.com/149586713

The sequence is password protected. The password is Aranui
  #8    Top
Old January 4th, 2016, 03:36 AM

Here's a still frame, extracted from a movie sequence. The GoPro was set to 50 frames per sec 1920 x 1080 pixels. In the sequence (the link and password are in a previous post) I play the fish footage back at 25 frames per sec to slow down the rapid movement of the darting fish.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoPro.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	551.7 KB
ID:	93641
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment