Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Macro

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 30th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The Fly

After going to the Macro workshop I was ready to go out on my own. These are from my front yard this morning. This same fly kept posing for me.

1. Here's loookin' at you kid!

2. Singing in the Opera

3. OK enough taking my picture

Thank you for looking.

Comment and Critique welcome and encouraged.

Sharna Lee

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #2    Top
Old April 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: The Fly

Nice work Sharna, I especially like the detail in the eyes and face in the first in, I like the " pose " the best there too, what lens did you use for these? Have you acquired a macro lens?
  #3    Top
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:35 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I used my 100mm Macro lens I've had for years. I just never knew how to shoot macro. Still needs improvement but it's getting there. Thank you Jim for the comment.

Sharna

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #4    Top
Old April 4th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I think I need to pick up a macro lens. Cropping in on a non-macro lens just does not do these justice.

Great job on these Sharna. Hope things have been well for you
  #5    Top
Old April 4th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
I think I need to pick up a macro lens. Cropping in on a non-macro lens just does not do these justice.

Great job on these Sharna. Hope things have been well for you
you should pick one up Clark if this sort of thing appeals to you, you'll get MUCH better results with a dedicated macro lens, it's a nice change of pace sort of photography, I like to switch things up now and then, with macro photography you will see things like never before and witness things many never will
  #6    Top
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Elite Member

I also like these.

Flickr Photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
  #7    Top
Old April 10th, 2015, 11:26 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Looove the detail in the eyes in the first shot. Darn it... it looks more and more like I'm going to upgrade to a bigger Macro lens this year...

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #8    Top
Old April 24th, 2015, 06:10 AM

Great photos! The eyes really stand out, sharp details. (I have a macro mode on my Galaxy 2 ek-gc 200 camera and have shot closeups of bumblebees, etc. but I have yet to get the sharp details you were able to. I wonder if its even possible with my camera.)
  #9    Top
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:12 AM

Wonderful series of flying macro's. Like the pose so much.
  #10    Top
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Sharna ol'buddy ol'pal Beautiful Macros captured here! I had a look at your Smugmug page, looks to me you have been pretty busy in the photography field good for you and nice of ya to drop in
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Macro