Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > The Marketplace > Photography Sites

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Administrator
Recent Photo: potm5
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Sponsor Spotlight: Peak Design

Photography Corner is proud to team with Peak Design this month for Contest Corner Challenge #115! Enter to Win the Peak Design Slide & Clutch: Contest Corner Challenge #115 "Fleeting Moments! (Click the link for further details) But just who are these young guns breaking into the photography world and turning the camera world on its head with innovative new designs and tools to carry your camera? Fueled by their love and passion for photography, their products are truly designed for the ease of access, optimal comfort and the utmost protection. So, hang on to your hats and check out some of their revolutionary new designs...this ain't your parent's camera equipment!

The mission of Peak Design is to enable photographers, adventurers and outdoors enthusiasts to better capture the beautiful world around them. They do this by designing and building innovative, thoughtfully composed, ultra-durable products that are easy to use and versatile. Right now they are helping people better transport and physically manage their cameras, and providing new ways to shoot action video. In the future Peak Design will continue to tackle other pain points that photographers and outdoors enthusiasts face. They believe that wherever you go and whatever you do, your camera should be right there with you.

PRIZE/PRODUCT DETAILS:

Slide™ is the most versatile professional camera sling strap in the world. Wearable as a sling, neck or shoulder strap, Slide™ is made of 45mm tubular seatbelt-style webbing with internal padding. Slide™ has aluminum quick-adjusters and our patent-pending Anchor Link™ quick-connectors. Comes with 4 Anchors and 1 Standard Plate for attachment. You can purchase your very own here: Peak Design Slide!

Clutch™ is the only quick-connecting, quick-adjusting camera hand strap ever made. Peak Design Clutch gives you security when you need it, but also allows instant access to your camera's controls. Made from premium durable materials and hardware inspired by high end climbing gear. Comes with 2 Anchors and 1 Standard Plate for attachment.

#2    Top
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:19 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Sponsor Spotlight: Peak Design

Have any of you guys actually tried these straps? It seems that some people are worried about the small anchors (worried they are going to 'pop out').

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #3    Top
Old April 8th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I think I'd be a bit worried about the neck strap especially with larger bodies and lenses, but the Clutch to me looks very interesting. I'd like to try it in the winter with different gloves.
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old April 8th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Recent Photo: potm5
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Peak Design sent us an extra set of the Clutch and Slide to try out...I have tried both straps and have not experienced any problems. I think that the failure rate is probably very small but I personally enjoyed using both the Clutch and Slide. I think the failures may have resulted from the anchors not being secure, if so, you just have to be vigilant in making sure the anchors are truly engaged.
  #5    Top
Old April 8th, 2015, 03:09 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

I also wondered about the neck strap. Would it be uncomfortable? I'd love a quick release, but knowing my luck... I use a clutch (very cheap one) 99% of the time. Would love to try his one. Looks really good.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #6    Top
Old April 8th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Have any of you guys actually tried these straps? It seems that some people are worried about the small anchors (worried they are going to 'pop out').
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAshley View Post
Peak Design sent us an extra set of the Clutch and Slide to try out...I have tried both straps and have not experienced any problems. I think that the failure rate is probably very small but I personally enjoyed using both the Clutch and Slide. I think the failures may have resulted from the anchors not being secure, if so, you just have to be vigilant in making sure the anchors are truly engaged.
Depending on what you shoot you could have 20+LB on that strap, which it concern. Even when I shoot with a handgrip (90% of the time) I'll have my BR strap attached just in case.

Like I said it'd be cool to try the clutch I like the quick adjustability factor of the grip.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > The Marketplace > Photography Sites