Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Macro

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old May 1st, 2015, 11:32 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Froggy

Instead of cropping your image you can reduce the dpi to as low a 96dpi for screen use. That will reduce your image size without being too tight a crop.
  #12    Top
Old May 2nd, 2015, 08:53 AM

Thanks. My digital camera only does resolution size though. And I looked into a free converter app but I find it to be confusing. They show the converted photo 96 dpi on a blank screen but I don't know what to do next. Would you happen to know of a sumple free photo converter app?
  #13    Top
Old May 2nd, 2015, 09:10 AM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

ON a regular computer you could re-size through GIMP pretty easily. Its also a full image editor. Its free but can also be a near to use sometimes. I use lightroom and PS to manage workflow and process images.
  #14    Top
Old May 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM

Well, first of all, you're more advanced them me. (No computer, never used photoshop and just have an android camera that has wi-fi & photo editing features in it.) So now what would you suggest? Do you happen to know the resolution conversion of 96 dpi? That would help because I do have a resize app.
  #15    Top
Old May 2nd, 2015, 04:04 PM

Not familiar so much with phone apps, but if you have a tablet or iPad you can re-size from there.
  #16    Top
Old May 2nd, 2015, 04:10 PM

Thanks. I have an android camera (not a phone) but it's like a tablet. I'll try to use my free resize app and see if it converts resolution size into pixels.
  #17    Top
Old May 16th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Flower

I took this pic of a floewer in macro mode with minor editing.
  #18    Top
Old May 16th, 2015, 09:17 PM

It looks like your picture did not come through again.
  #19    Top
Old May 16th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Re: Flower

I'm still trying to crop it to 1.0 my from my Android - ugh!!!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Macro