Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:14 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Street pano from Tangiers

and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #2    Top
Old August 4th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Street pano from Tangiers

"The Red Dress" Cool capture here, had me looking around everywhere at the interesting buildings.
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thanks for responding Manny. I had a great time walking around and looking.
Interesting old buildings and alleys leading everywhere.
George Carlin
  #4    Top
Old August 7th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Great building and city/street shooting. I keep wondering if that is a red shirt hanging out that top window.
  #5    Top
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Great building and city/street shooting. I keep wondering if that is a red shirt hanging out that top window.
I believe that may be a woman's Djellaba, a type of hooded garment traditionally worn by Moroccans.
George Carlin
  #6    Top
Old August 11th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I'm curious as to whether this is a single very wide angle lens shot (fisheye?) or a pano of several shots stitched together. There is a detectable barrel distortion....suggesting that stitching would be a huge challenge.
  #7    Top
Old August 15th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Premiere Member

It is actually 2 shots stitched together Russ.
I was surprised the result even worked. there was very little over lap.
When I had taken them, there was no intention of combining them.
I have other street panos, with an ultra wide zoom, and when you are close to objects and stitch several images together, it seems to give a cumulative effect to the lens distortion. Sometimes it gets pretty weird. Like this one from Bruges last year.

George Carlin
  #8    Top
Old August 15th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Wow, and I thought the Pisa tower had architectural issues!!!!

Have you ever considered a tilt/shift lens as part of your arsenal?
  #9    Top
Old August 16th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Have you ever considered a tilt/shift lens as part of your arsenal?
Not seriously Russ. Besides the cost, there are a number of other reasons.
Much of the time I have to be very close to the subject, and even at 10-12 mm I am still stitching 2-6 frames together. I think the widest T/S i can get for a Nikon is 24mm
In most cases, it is not feasible to be using the necessary tripod that a tilt shift would require.
I'm not against some distortion anyway, as you well know.

It seems most of the time, there is more barrel distortion at the top then the bottom.
George Carlin
  #10    Top
Old August 20th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Senior VIP Member

Nice shot chile, but those are some skinny streets.

Joshua 1:9
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes."
--Dewitt Jones
John 3:16
flickr
www.southpawphotos.com
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes