Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 6th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
storm light

this was the shot of the day from my recent trip to Mt Shuksan... gorgeous, stormy light shining through a break in the clouds to light up one of the rugged peaks in the North Cascades. this image was shot from the road to Artist Point, using a Canon 7Dk II and a Tamron 150-600 telephoto lens at 250mm... who says you have to use a wide-angle for landscape photos??

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #2    Top
Old September 7th, 2015, 06:24 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: storm light

Absolutely stunning. You captured just enough of the surrounding landscape with your long lens. And the light... wow!

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #3    Top
Old September 7th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Man, that is one gorgeous shot! The light, the clouds, you nailed it!
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
  #4    Top
Old September 7th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Absolutely stunning. You captured just enough of the surrounding landscape with your long lens. And the light... wow!
thanks, Sabine... that light is what drew me to the shot, for sure. i took a number of photos at different focal lengths, but this one just seemed to be the best composition of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup4tml View Post
Man, that is one gorgeous shot! The light, the clouds, you nailed it!
thanks, Doug! sometimes everything just comes together right...

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

#5    Top
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Really nice, Rocky! I've tried any number of times to take a good photo of mountains with a telephoto, and never succeeded. This shot is textbook for finding the right tool for the right job with the right conditions!

flickr Photostream
  #6    Top
Old September 13th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Awesome shot. Love that lighting and those clouds.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
  #7    Top
Old September 13th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Lunatic Lensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjin_nav View Post
Really nice, Rocky! I've tried any number of times to take a good photo of mountains with a telephoto, and never succeeded. This shot is textbook for finding the right tool for the right job with the right conditions!
thanks, Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKuhn View Post
Awesome shot. Love that lighting and those clouds.
thanks, Ian... those were the things that drew me to this composition..

~ Three Dog Night

Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old September 17th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Wow! Now that is some stunning light! Great composition, exposure, post processing. I really can't say anything else other than wall-hanger!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #9    Top
Old September 17th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Another one for the wall I'd say. I'd nominate for this months POTM but it's already been nominated. Great capture Rocky.
  #10    Top
Old September 20th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

thats a beauty Rocky !! wonderful light, wonderful drama !! you certainly DID have the correct lens for that application there !! VERY nice my friend !!