Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > The Marketplace > Business of Photography

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
Any professional photojournalists out there?

I'm curious so I decided to post this. I am going to school for photojournalism and I was wondering if there was any one on this forum who is already out in the field. Do you have any good stories, advice, whatever.
I've heard that college students change their major three times. I have no desire, I love photography and telling stories. Maybe I'm getting a little obsessed...
  #2    Top
Old August 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I don't think there are too many pj's out there in the forums. I asked that not too long ago and got no response.
Jules.
  #3    Top
Old August 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Look of Love - 2
I am not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but I do tend to shoot with a pj style.
  #4    Top
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:38 AM
Junior VIP Member
Hi Froggie.

Which school are you going to?

While I am not a professional photojournalist by any stretch, I did study photojournalism in college after university.

All I can offer is, get yourself known. Twelve years after completing my course, I have just started to get intouch with some of the people who I went to school with. I have started my own home based business, (portrait & commercial) however PJ is my love and I am trying to land some freelance work.

It also depends on what type of PJ you want to do. Are you interested in working for a daily newspaper, or would you rather do in-depth documentary work. The latter while much more appealing and gratifing, is, from what I understand, difficult to get.

IMO it is an incredible occupation. When anyone thinks of any event that has happened in the past, a picture usually comes to mind, and that is usually taken by some PJ who was just doing his job. I wish you all the best, work hard, develop a style, and shoot as much and as often as you can. Go into your local paper on a weekly basis with your images, see what you can drum up.

Good Luck.
http://www.west1photo.zoomshare.com
http://www.thelondoner.ca
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > The Marketplace > Business of Photography