Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 7th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Radio City Music Hall

#2    Top
Old January 8th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Re: Radio City Music Hall

I like the angle from which it was taken but I find the NYPD police car a bit odd as rest of the vehicles are moving.
  #3    Top
Old January 11th, 2016, 06:50 PM

I agree. The police car was parked and I didn't want to cut it out of the shot. Would have been much better moving!
  #4    Top
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: My best friend Becky
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I like the angle, did you try to crop it vertically?
The only thing for me is the metal fence on the left side. While I was looking at the photo I imagined how you were kneeling to take it and I keep seeing it with the corner of my eyes.
Other than that, it is really a great shot with an interesting point of view.
  #5    Top
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Interestingly enough looking up does not help this image. The shot I see or best crop I think is slightly above the light post on the left to draw attention to the moving car, bike and parked car.

The parked car is not a distraction but can be seen as a statement about life in the here and now.

Even if your crop it lower for a more panoramic shot it gets even more interesting.
  #6    Top
Old January 14th, 2016, 07:28 PM

I was infact sitting on the curb waiting while my sister shopped. So these were the elements I had to work with. I was trying to put too much into this shot wanting to keep the buildings & sky in the shot, I like agiledogs suggestion. Pleased with the shot cropped in.

#7    Top
Old January 14th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Its much more engaging IMO. Its am image worth exploring....you and movement, text, lights and all sorts of life coming together. The lower crop emphasizes that.
  #8    Top
Old January 30th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Had a little play with the image, hope you don't mind as I was also wanting to see If the police car would have made a better image If in motion. I will remove image on request If I'm out of bounds here.

Beautiful capture btw

reworked image, not my photo. Photo Cred: J Diaz
by Manuel Canseco, on Flickr
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes