Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 23rd, 2017, 09:14 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
The Monthly Challenge Sept 2017 "Retirement"

The Monthly Challenge Sept 2017

"Retirement"....or where old things go to die. This could be a dilapidated building that once was well known, or a person or character (real or ficticious), The story part would also be a nice addition.

After a long life of ghost hunting and being under constant pursuit by said ghosts PACMAN decided to hide out in the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoia's

Creativity is highly encouraged. Photos can be a composite or any other technique one can use...note all work must be your own.

Have fun

Last edited by agiledogs; August 28th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
  #2    Top
Old August 23rd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: The Monthly Challenge Sept 2017

OK, This has to be my best entry for this subject. Shot a few years ago at the Campo railroad museum close to Halloween. Lots of PP on this one to set the mood.

I like it Orv. That railway museum is a fun place to shoot

Last edited by agiledogs; August 23rd, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
  #3    Top
Old August 25th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: DSC04769
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

My contribution is a personal one. I visited my home town a couple of years ago and took this shot of the house I spent the first 6 years of my life in. This was back in the early 40's. I hadn't seen it for probably 25 years and couldn't believe how run down it's become. Unfortunately, there are 2 or 3 of these ruins on every street in town. I'd consider this house 'retired'.

http://imgur.com/crmJDj5
  #4    Top
Old August 25th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Its sad when going back and finding your own history, in terms of hangout, homes etc...are really painful to see, especially when a location had a certain quality of character. This house I can tell has stories and perhaps with some restoration work could once again be wonderful.

I like the rendition.
  #5    Top
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Re: The Monthly Challenge Sept 2017 "Retirement"

This cabin originally built around 1935 to serve as a summer residence for the park superintendent.
  #6    Top
Old August 30th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Looks like the perfect place to get away from it all ! I'll bet it got a little claustrophobic in there though it looks fairly small.
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old August 30th, 2017, 09:00 AM

The area is 24x28 and had a bedroom/living room and kitchen. A stone base also provided a porch area. The bedroom included a closet, bath and shower....there were outhouses outside.
  #8    Top
Old August 31st, 2017, 11:21 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Interesting subject looks like a "Fun" project... so I'll add something, our shared family cabin since 1979. Before that I grew up going to my Great Uncles cabin in the same area during the summer months. The cabin is non-electric, has no phone and this area has no cellphone service and we walk up the hill to an old fashioned outhouse. It really is away from it all. I do enjoy our 4 to 5 weeks at this summer "Retirement" getaway. Cabin is not winterized and just shy of 700 sq. ft..

Photo taken July this summer - 3 panel panorama.
  #9    Top
Old August 31st, 2017, 11:36 AM
Elite Member

Looks very comfortable. I guessing the dog is contemplating an adventure into the woods.
  #10    Top
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:05 PM

Looks like a great place to escape to
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner