Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:29 AM
Help with shooting in low light / white balance

Hello,
I am trying to take pictures for a friend in his bar for his website. It is dark and I can't seem set my white balance correctly. In manual mode I used the pre-set and it indicated that the w/b was good, however while taking pictures some of the beer signs turned out white and were flashing on my screen indicating the w/b was not right. I tried to w/b again but all the pictures turned out tinted blue. I could use some kind of advice or tips on how to get the natural night seen and colors correct in low light with w/b. Plus I took these pictures in Raw, can I fix all my problems with photoshop cs? Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sandra
  #2    Top
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Well the problem with white balance is when you have 2 different light sources or colored lights. I can't tell you how to fix the problem, but I know when it comes to movies oyu need to put gels in front of 1 of the sources to match the color temperature of the other light.

For example, if they are using both flourescant and incandescent lights in the bar, that might have to do with a problem with the lights, seeing as flourescant comes out greenish and incandescent comes out orangy. Halogen comes out yellow and sun light comes out blue. Any mix of two of these light sources and you'll have problems white balancing.

Not too sure if that's your case though.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101