Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Junior VIP Member
Another Island

This one is slightly closer. Is the sky too bland? How is it? Appreciate your comments and critique.

Canon PowerShot Pro1, f/4, 1/1250

#2    Top
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:22 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The technicals are good (exposure, focus, etc). Composition just seems blase`. Perhaps just due to the excess of blue in the water and sky. I'm guessing some clouds might have lessened that.
  #3    Top
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry
The technicals are good (exposure, focus, etc). Composition just seems blase`. Perhaps just due to the excess of blue in the water and sky. I'm guessing some clouds might have lessened that.
I thought so about the sky. Some clouds would have been nice. Thanks ohenry.
  #4    Top
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toronto By Night
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
The image is nice... you might want to crop it into a panoramic shot to lessen the impact of the blue mentioned above.
  #5    Top
Old August 27th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad V
The image is nice... you might want to crop it into a panoramic shot to lessen the impact of the blue mentioned above.
Thanks Brad. The cropped one has reduced the blue space. I like it better. How is it?

#6    Top
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Nice shot Raalhu!!! I also thought this was a great candidate for a panoramic. I have to say, you always have perfectly straight horizon lines. I haven't seen one photo of yours with a tilted horizon. I got crooked horizons so many times when I first started back in photography. Great shot as always.

My Website
  #7    Top
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Raalhu,
As the large image of the first picture was appearing on my screen, I thought there was a bit too much sky. I also think the crop to the panoramic is much better.
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old August 28th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Junior VIP Member
Thank you kris and whitesand. I too agree Brads idea of the panoramic crop is nicer with less sky.
  #9    Top
Old August 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toronto By Night
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Raalhu... the panoramic is a lot nicer, brings the focus to the island rather than the sky, nicely done.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things