Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:42 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
"Autumn" in the Park

In the past, I've posted photos of my granddaughter, "Summer". This is my oldest granddaufhter "Autumn" (no kidding!). I really like this photo. Your comments and suggestions, please.

As best as I can remember, settings:
ISO 200, f8, 1/125, 70-200 mm @ 80 mm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autumn_-_bench.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	7111  
  #2    Top
Old September 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I like the photo. Sitting alone, to the far side of the bench creates a bit of tension - at least for me... like there should be someone else there. That is a good thing.

#3    Top
Old September 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hmmm I find it kinda...off... to have her on the far right side. If you were gonna have her on any side it should be the left (think of the direction you read, left to right, it's naturally more comfortable for people to look to the left) However othe than that I like the picture, nice colors and a nice and casual appearance from your grand-daughter
  #4    Top
Old September 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like this especially with her being over there on the right! Well, her left, our right! Very nice image, the only thing I find distracting is that twig or what ever it is sticking out, pointing right at her knee! I think I'd clone that out.

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old September 24th, 2005, 05:10 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks everyone for your comments. My purpose in having her to the right was to balance the picture with the tree on the left, thinking it might look really onesided with her also on the left. Your suggestions make sense . . .(do we ever stop learning!!! -- Lord, I hope not!). Autumn is a very cooperative "model" so I hope to try this again before all the leaves are gone from the trees.

Thanks for looking!
  #6    Top
Old September 24th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Junior VIP Member
Cool names! Her sitting on the right does not bother me. I think its a nice shot. IMO if you change the angle to have the bench right in front (instead of her being straight from you) will make the composition better.
  #7    Top
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:20 AM
nice picture but i would love to see her in the middle of the bench. but for me i love benches so i would love to see it bare. but if u like to have ppl in it i think the best would be to position the girl in the m middle.
overall its beautilful.
  #8    Top
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:38 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Quote:
Cool names!
Hehehehe....we just need a winter and spring and we would have all four seasons in our family.

My Website
  #9    Top
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I probably would have tried it at more of an angle (Take a few steps to the right. Also maybe I wouldn't have her looking at the camera. Thats more of a personal preference sort of thing though.
  #10    Top
Old September 25th, 2005, 11:37 AM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Such good suggestions! I hope to get to try them before cold weather gets here. Thanks everyone.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places