Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Software Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 11th, 2004, 12:04 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Test Project - The First Trial

I had a thought about doing a Photoshop type contest, but I don't think it would really fly as a weekly or monthly thing. Anyways, I wanted to give it a try as a "once and a while" type thing, and thought we could give it a try to see how it goes.

Anyways, I'll post up a picture, and then we'll see who can make it look the best. Try to keep track of exactly what you did, just so others can learn from what you did as well.

I had to shrink it down a little so I could upload it, but I think you can still work with it.

Here's the Test Project Picture. Make this a good picture again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test_project.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	522  
  #2    Top
Old July 11th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Tim,
Only had about 10 minutes to sork on this right now, but here's a quick fix.
I had to compress it to get it under the requirements for uploading, so it may not look great.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	test__-_photo_corner.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	523  
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #3    Top
Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:07 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I guess this type of contest wouldn't go over that well, eh?
  #4    Top
Old August 3rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Junior VIP Member
I sometimes have difficulties working on someone else's images though I have done some decent restorations.

What if you had a "Photoshop" contest, let's say quarterly. Pick a theme and have folks put together a montage or collage using their favourite image editor. Another idea might be to create a magazine cover.

For example the fire and water exercise for a montage would have been great for me. I did one after the fact. I'll see if I can get a release for it since it was taken on base and has faces and names attached to it.

Maybe this would spur a bit more interest and creativity. Just a thought.
  #5    Top
Old August 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
The Corner Creator
Yeah... I think once we grow a bit, and have enough "photoshop experts" here, I'll try a couple different ideas.
  #6    Top
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
Junior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
here's my 20 minutes attempt that scan looked like it was res-ed up...pretty bad bitmapping.

Guy had cool shoes! So do tell... are you the baby boy in the pictures?? LOL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	test_project_copy.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	637  
  #7    Top
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
posting so Ill know where this is. :0) Ill give it a try sometime. Busy tomorrow and alot of the day after so it may be Friday before I get to photoshop it.
  #8    Top
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:58 PM
The Corner Creator
What do you mean by res-ed up?

And no, not me. That's my fiancée's dad, older brother and older sister.
  #9    Top
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Test Project - The First Trial

I finally got around to this. :0) I missed this post way back in July, also it took me a while to find it again, I don tthink this thread is the best place to put this. Perhaps have a contest catagory and then have sub catagories for each contest. :0)

I worked on this for about 20-30 minutes. Did some levels, did some cloning and did some healing brush.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	test_project_503.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	654  
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old August 6th, 2004, 08:01 PM
The Corner Creator
Looks good... it's tough to do, eh?