Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byuphoto
PS, I would love to have a photoshop column on here so I coul;d share some techniques and tips
Would love you to share tips!

Good job Sandie! I love PS!
  #12    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:03 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your taking a look.

If someone could SIMPLY explain the process on how to save the edited photo in the right size for posting, I would be grateful.

What I have been doing is:
1. Opening my photo in PS.
2. Doing my edit.
3. Save for Web. I set size of image to about 640 X 480 pixels and SAVE.

When I try to post it, it takes FOREVER and then I get a message that my image is too big, so I have to size it smaller to get it posted (FYI -- I have dial up. Don't know if that has anything to do with anything!) I've not had this problem working with ACDSee or Picasa2, so I assume I'm doing something wrong in PhotoShop. Help!!!!
  #13    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Laugh, it's only life
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Not PS. When you post a large file the corner cant handle it. Thats why you get that message.

Leave your pic the original size and use Imageshack. Have you tried that?

Dial up is going to be tough anyway. Kinda slow.

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,martini in hand, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Sh**!! What a Ride!!"
  #14    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I do not have this problem you have what file format are you saving your pictures as? I save mine as JPEG. you might need to down the quality because Image shack does not allow any files bigger than 1MB, i save mine as 800x600 JPEG and the highest quality (12) i have no problems..
  #15    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Junior VIP Member
It is not just the pixel size but the quality size too. Use the save for web function ALT>SHIFT>CTRL>S and then try to keep it aound 100-150 kb's. It will also tell you the upload time.

If you become a Prem. Mem. you can participate in the PS challenge every week. Plus lots of other fun stuff. I did not mean to participate but to teach as I do on other forums.
http://byuphoto.blogspot.com
  #16    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Laugh, it's only life
Quote:
If you become a Prem. Mem. you can participate in the PS challenge every week. Plus lots of other fun stuff. I did not mean to participate but to teach as I do on other forums.
Sorry, misunderstood

For us that is teaching. We post a photo and everyone "does" something to it and we learn.

You could also write a tutorial and submit it to Tim.

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,martini in hand, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Sh**!! What a Ride!!"
  #17    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:17 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Thanks, Byu. I'll try this in a little while. (I even took notes )

MzDragon & Zheng: I hesitate to use ImageShack right now. It takes me forever just to open pics to look at them. One day, at least until after I get my camera paid for, I'll lose the dial-up. (Can't wait. It is miserable!).
  #18    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photoshop is a learning wheel. It takes many turns to get anywhere. I teach by focusing on one tool or one technique at a time. I do both photo editing and creative work too
http://byuphoto.blogspot.com
Sponsors
  #19    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Laugh, it's only life
Cool so now I know who to call cause I always have a ton of questions.

Lets talk animation.....

#20    Top
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:39 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byuphoto
Photoshop is a learning wheel. It takes many turns to get anywhere. I teach by focusing on one tool or one technique at a time. I do both photo editing and creative work too
Perhaps you've just zeroed in on a HUGE part of my frustration. I'm trying to learn to do everything at once. That being said, where do I start, and HOW do I systematically learn PS functions? As MzDragon said, maybe you could, for us absolute beginners, start articles or tutorials . . . "PS Lesson #1", "Lesson #2". etc. By the time you get to Lesson #875, I may "get it".

I think when someone who uses it alot explains it step by step, it makes it easier to understand (cuts out some of the extraneous text from the manuals). MzDragon "stepped" me through the Flat Allie thread and I was actually able to post a couple of times.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places