Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 19th, 2004, 01:20 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Photographers Find Inspiration in Unusual Settings

Article: Photographers Find Inspiration in Unusual Settings

Summary: The title says it all... a cute article about Cindy Toth, of Hempfield Township near Pittsburgh, who finds photographical inspiration in unusual places.

Question: What inspires you to take pictures? Are there certain people, places or things that always seem to give you the urge to pull out the camera?
  #2    Top
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Premiere Member
I've always kinda just liked taking pictures... I've got rolls of film and prints everywhere. I've recently been taking lots of pictures at the Toronto Zoo... One of these days I'll get around to posting them up here... So I guess, right now at least, the zoo inspires me to take pictures... I love animals. Though sometimes, and I'm not sure I can explain it, but you just see this sunset, or waterfall, and you get this feeling of peace... I always wish I had a camera so I could capture that.
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:09 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, I feel the same way... you just see something and wish you had a camera... and, of course, 9 times out of 10, you left it in the car or at home... Murphy's Law.
  #4    Top
Old May 12th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
ill give you one better then that . when i first started out i didn't realize that you can pull the bat. our of the canon rebel series to keep it from using all of your battery life on holding the film number on the screen when not in use. so i used to make sure i would shoot the whole roll all of the time to prevent this. well to make a long story short one night i was sitting in front of the house and two birds started to fight and i went grabbed the camera and started to shoot flash and all for about 20min i shot some things that you never get to see and i had some with feathers flying and some with the baby's in the nest squawking . to make it even shorter i would have had great shots if i had film in it
but what inspires me? hummmm? i guess that feeling of wanting to preserver things and make sure they are not forgotten . I have a personal project going on lost in time things that are forgotten and nobody thinks to look at them till it is to late. and it is serenity that is also inspirational.
Someone once said: What goes around comes around.Work like you don't need the money.Love like you've never been hurt.Dance like nobody's watching.Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth.
  #5    Top
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:48 PM
The Corner Creator
LOL... good story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
i guess that feeling of wanting to preserver things and make sure they are not forgotten . I have a personal project going on lost in time things that are forgotten and nobody thinks to look at them till it is to late.
Yeah, the need to preserve is one I think a lot of photographers hold dear... because that's basically what a good photograph can do - preserve a moment in time.