Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Hiking

I was out walking last weekend, and I got a few pictures I'd like to get some comments on. The wheather wasn't the best, mostly cloudy (even rainy sometimes), but these turned out pretty good if I may say so myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	923  Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	924  Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	925  
  #2    Top
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
cant say for sure but looks like 26 and 24 have a blown out sky, could be my monitor though..
  #3    Top
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Pretty scenes. On the first one I think your tree line is too centered. I like the third one best.
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Banned
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
i like centred... the only good use of the rule of thirds is breaking it...
  #5    Top
Old September 28th, 2004, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Centred can be great, if there's a reason for it. However, in the first picture, I think it would have looked better in one of the thirds. It probably would have looked cool with more reflection in the water and less sky. Number three is really neat with the diagonals of the fallen trees. It looks like you had some chilly weather!
  #6    Top
Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
#24 & 26 the sky is blown out so you might consider using a polarizer and ND grad filter to correct for the lack of light latitude film has as opposed to the human eye.

I just love the Cascade Shot! Awesome!
www.beholderphotography.com
  #7    Top
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Thank you for your response!
And yes, as mentioned, I need a ND grad filter. And in this case the sky was almost completely white. The polarizer I forgot at home.
The third one is also my favourite. About centering 26, I tried to do otherwise, but this is what I got:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini_0026b.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	988  
  #8    Top
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Junior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I love #3 really beautiful area! That would be a neat place to photograph some children with fairy wings.
  #9    Top
Old October 5th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Resident Meanie-Head
Recent Photo: roz1
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I don't care for the first two, but that third one is really nice.

Just to see what it would look like, I took it for a spin through my infrared action. I like it in infrared, almost as much as I like it in color!

If you want, I'll post it.

NO SNIVELLING
www.screaminglight.com

My Kids Demon Can Beat Up Your Kids Demon!
  #10    Top
Old October 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Post it!

Quote:
And in this case the sky was almost completely white. The polarizer I forgot at home.
That's why you never leave home without your polarizer, eh?
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places