Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
  #1    Top
Old January 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Photography has Nothing to Do With Cameras

Article: Photography has Nothing to Do With Cameras
  #2    Top
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Elite Member
very good article .. i can't agree with you more about looking around at the world and taking what seems so normal to everyone but special to the photographer...
well done
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Absolutely, the camera only reproduces what you see with your eyes or what you envisage in your head!
  #4    Top
Old June 8th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Loved this article!!! Thanks Tim!
  #5    Top
Old June 25th, 2006, 04:11 PM
here is another article on the same topic: (longer though)
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Canon Rebel XSi
  #6    Top
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Lizzu
well as inspiring as that article was i believe it is not entirly true

a photo is a single frame that has been captured by a photographer through a camera

so photography is the process in which a photographer captures a single image through a camera.

therefore withought the camera photography cannot take place...
this proves photography has SOMETHING to do with cameras.

yes i agree that having a fancy camera does not make you a better photographer...it just gives you resources to create better products.
  #7    Top
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB
well as inspiring as that article was i believe it is not entirly true

a photo is a single frame that has been captured by a photographer through a camera

so photography is the process in which a photographer captures a single image through a camera.

therefore withought the camera photography cannot take place...
this proves photography has SOMETHING to do with cameras.

yes i agree that having a fancy camera does not make you a better photographer...it just gives you resources to create better products.
i agree too, although i don't think they were trying to say it literally has NOTHING to do with the camera, but you definately dont need to dump countless amounts of $k's into your camera bag to produce good pictures, although it has it's perks im sure
Alex
Tamron 75-300mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 15mm fisheye

All for sale!!!
  #8    Top
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Premiere Member
defintly. i notice a big difference in having a slr to a point and shoot. more options leads to more creativity. more creativity leads to more options to produce better photographs. everyone loves better photographs! having nice photography equipment makes things easier and nicer, but doesn't make you a better photographer.
  #9    Top
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Junior VIP Member
One thing's for sure... the manual focus on my dSLR is one feature I really really love! I didn't have that feature with my Kodak before. I always had to focus on something, lock focus and pan a little bit.

It worked sometimes, but I gave up almost all the time.

http://www.imegesphotos.blogspot.com/
  #10    Top
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I think what it boils down to is that some people (if not most) think
that if they buy a $xxxxK camera it will make them a great photographer.
Even Better, that the camera will magically produce awesome shots,
maybe even take the pictures for them

Even the more experienced photographers often think, man if I just
had that uber lens, ooooh the shots I could take... etc etc.

I say utilize what you have. Master the basics before going to
more advanced techniques. I think shooting for almost five years
with my point and shoot 3.1 MP canon tested that theory out. Sure
I could've gotten a DSLR now, but I don't think I'm quite ready for
it yet, and the camera I got (FZ7) is more than enough for my
current needs.

Canon Rebel XSi
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles