Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 31st, 2004, 05:02 PM
First One For Critique

Would welcome comments - I think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swanonnest.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	207  Click image for larger version

Name:	swanonnest.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	208  
  #2    Top
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Sometimers I find my comments would be disappointing. Someone is excited about the picture (s)he posted and then I point out the improvements.

I do not like doing that, but then again if someone is posting to get feedback, i believe the feedback should be such that the person takes back something.

This is a good picture, but a little overexposed. You see, the details on the bird's white portion is lost. a bit of underexposure would have doen the trick
  #3    Top
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Recent Photo: Graffiti Girl
Hi John,

Love the composition, the reeds are a great backdrop, and the little bit of reflection on the water adds too!

White is the hardest thing to capture, and it is easier to underexpose, and then lift the white post processing than try and correct blow out!!

Cheers,
Cathie

If you cannot lend a hand, be a nuisance! The most important thing is to take part!!
  #4    Top
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:55 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I cant pick up on anything these other two havent brought up already. Weve kinda got a swan thing going on here.
  #5    Top
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the comments which I've taken on board. It didn't hurt that much

I've started to use the bracketing function quite a bit now, especially on skies.

I didn't think about the swan thing when I posted so I'll put up something different in a new post.