Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Junior VIP Member
Bedroom Gymnastics (not adult)

I was touring New York State with a british rock bank (I organised the tour and drove the van.... and bounced on beds). Here's the pics from a hotel. ROCK N ROLL!!

The principle is this:
2 double-beds are next to each other. Run up and jump on the first one then fly through the air and land on the 2nd bed. Et voila = much fun.
  #2    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Banned
i dont know quite why, but im intrigued by your style of photography

can i ask what your aiming for (in terms of style and results with photography?) because with most photos (portraits, landscapes and the others) its easy to tell what is technically wrong and correct in a picture but sometimes that will change depending what your aiming for ( like most photographers want to have at least some of the photos to have crisp and sharp focus or perfect exposure but yours is different)
  #3    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Junior VIP Member
I suppose what I most want is to create a photo that myself and/or anybody else will be able to gaze at for as long as 2 minutes before moving on.

I guess you could say I'm trying to capture a moment in such a way that that moment can be relived for longer than just the moment that the event took to happen.

The obvious technical flaws in the above photos do not necessarily prevent me from reaching this goal
  #4    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Banned
great
great reply the last line sums it up for me i mean its a bad photo in terms of the normal technical stuff but i like it
often the technically good photos are the less likable ones and just blend in to the rest
  #5    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Junior VIP Member
exactly. In fact I'm often put off by technically perfect photos. Not exactly sure why that is to be honest
  #6    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Banned
them funny eyes you have
  #7    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 05:00 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I think the main difference between most technically good photographs and shots like this are intentions. Obviously, technically these shots are not great. They work for you because the portray a moment you want to remember. I generally call these snapshots, not photographs. I think, unless you want them ripped apart, shots like these would be better suited for the Photos for Fun forum, as opposed to the Critique Corner.
  #8    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Junior VIP Member
Thans Tim,
I'm not sure what I feel about that. Just because a photo lacks signs of technical expertise doesn't demote it to a snapshot status. Look at much of the modern art, and listen to much of the modern art music. Do you see/hear much evidence of technicial expertise in there? Sure there's some, but often there is none.

Quote:
I think the main difference between most technically good photographs and shots like this are intentions
I'd agree with that. But if I'd simply wanted to capture a moment/mood so that I could look back later, I'd have stood and normal standing height, stood back a few yards and took a photo of someone jumping from one bed to another. But as it was, we had a good session where the object was to get a cool camera angle.

So the focus was on getting a good angle, not getting a snapshop for the album and not getting technically proficient photo for submitting to competitions.

I don't mind if my shots are ripped apart. I really don't mind. The only actual snapshop that I believe I've submitted today was the shot in the back of the van which was simply meant as a scene setter, not as something to enjoy looking at.
  #9    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I think what Tim is trying to say is that because you have a memory that is attached to the moment and time when the photos were taken, they have a lot more meaning to you than an anyday person perusing through photos.

Personally the photos dont do a lot for me, I dont really see a story, but I do see a lot of blur. I would say dont expect others to see photos through the same eyes as you do.

And Im a firm believer of having a knowledge of the rules before you attempt to break them.
  #10    Top
Old November 24th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Junior VIP Member
thanks kara. makes sense
Sponsors
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places