Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should be given the title of Photograph of the Month for December?
tom foley - Southern Dog 4 13.79%
kixphotography - Flower 1 3.45%
Ski - Beach Driftwood 7 24.14%
GREAPER - Deer Posing 1 3.45%
William Wilson - Hoverfly 4 13.79%
RedEyeTemptation - Cross in the Bathroom 0 0%
PictureCow - Katie in Pink 3 10.34%
jj - Brandywine Falls 0 0%
tom foley - Tin "Man" in a Skirt 6 20.69%
BoBaLLoOo - Colorized Wasp 3 10.34%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 02:41 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the December 2004 Photograph of the Month

There were a LOT of photographs to go through this month. This place is growing!! Congrats to all the selected photographs and photographers for this month. It was hard narrowing it down to these 10.

Voting will last 7 days from the time this is posted.

Sponsor: Well, there is no sponsor this month If you're interested in sponsoring the Photograph of the Month contest, feel free to email me @ admin@photographycorner.com for more information.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tom_foley_-_southern_dog.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1432  Click image for larger version

Name:	kixphotography_-_flower.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1433  Click image for larger version

Name:	ski_-_beach_driftwood.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1434  Click image for larger version

Name:	greaper_-_deer_posing.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1435  Click image for larger version

Name:	william_wilson_-_hoverfly.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1436  

Click image for larger version

Name:	redeyetemptation_-_cross_in_the_bathroom.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1437  Click image for larger version

Name:	picturecow_-_katie_in_pink.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1438  Click image for larger version

Name:	jj_-_brandywine_falls.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1439  Click image for larger version

Name:	tom_foley_-_tin_man_in_a_skirt.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1440  Click image for larger version

Name:	boballooo_-_colorized_wasp.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1441  

#2    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Banned
??????? now im lost ??????
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:00 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
How so?
  #4    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Banned
i shouldn't be so rude really
but there where some fantastic photos you missed out on this month (im really not criticizing just giving feedback)
hope you dont take it the wrong way
  #5    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:08 AM
The Corner Creator
Naw, I'm sure there were. I have a particular method to how I pick photographs to be nominated for PotM. There are several things I consider before choosing nominated photographs, but if I told you, it would make the system a little easier to crack. Feel free to PM me photos you think should have been included, though (however the nominated photos stand, and I won't be adding in others). I'm always curious what and why people would pick photographs other than the ones I chose.
  #6    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Banned
ok will do, but can i ask you a question? if you have a system for picking POTM then potm isnt necessarily the best photo of the month? if you know what i mean
  #7    Top
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:31 AM
The Corner Creator
Sure it is... I don't pick the winner... you all vote on it... I just pick who gets the chance to win. It's the Photograph of the Month... it's just that you only get to select from the ones I let you select from. The Miss American/Universe/Alabama contest winner isn't necessarily the best in the States/Universe/Alabama... just the best of the ones that ran. I get to pick who runs. Why? Because I am Tim. That's why.
  #8    Top
Old November 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
The Corner Creator
Only a couple more days to get your votes in! It ends early morning on Noember 2nd.
  #9    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:38 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
i shouldn't be so rude really
but there where some fantastic photos you missed out on this month
Just thought I'd drop a note in to say that apparently the POTM is not really open to newbies. Only photos of established members are considered. I don't know if that goes some way to explain why some of the shots you liked didn't make it into the shortlist.
  #10    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:31 AM
Banned
i think you will find it is open to newbies yonnermark. if you look through some that where missed out (albiet on purpose) they were far better than on here (no offence intended) but it was for a reason they were left out, so matt tells me.

i think he felt a little patronised when he was on here because he is such and experienced and highly regarded photographer (not that he will say about it but i dont mind ) but he is away now anyway so it doesnt matter!!!
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month