Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should be given the title of Photograph of the Month for December?
tom foley - Southern Dog 4 13.79%
kixphotography - Flower 1 3.45%
Ski - Beach Driftwood 7 24.14%
GREAPER - Deer Posing 1 3.45%
William Wilson - Hoverfly 4 13.79%
RedEyeTemptation - Cross in the Bathroom 0 0%
PictureCow - Katie in Pink 3 10.34%
jj - Brandywine Falls 0 0%
tom foley - Tin "Man" in a Skirt 6 20.69%
BoBaLLoOo - Colorized Wasp 3 10.34%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#21    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:28 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I did...you didn't find them interesting...

Actually, I can't remember what I've already uploaded to this site and what has been to others. I need to shoot more, but the weather has been so poor that I haven't felt the urge.
Sponsors
  #22    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:54 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
  #23    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM
Photo Traveler
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I was nominated mt first month here.

Check out my Galleries at:

http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com
  #24    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
Digital Diva
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Quote:
Just thought I'd drop a note in to say that apparently the POTM is not really open to newbies. Only photos of established members are considered.
I got nominated this month yonnermark, and I'm a newbie. I only joined 3 wks ago.
  #25    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:39 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yup, Ski & BoBaLLoOo are both new and nominated.
  #26    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Senior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I've been here 6 months and never been nominated. Doesn't bother me any, I have my 2 weeks of fame anyways
I'm not here to rack up any medals...just have fun and share photos.
  #27    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
The Corner Creator
Yeah, you won a CCC What do you need a PotM medal for as well?
  #28    Top
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:18 PM
Digital Diva
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
LOL!

Yep, and a very worthy winner of a CCC it was too!
  #29    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:14 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker
Yeah, I did say that, but you, of course, took that out of context. How I choose to nominate photographs for the PotM contest is my own business and my own formula. If you don't like it, tough. People get bitter (specifically Words (Matt) and yonnermark) for not being nominated. Get over it. I probably would have nomintated one of Matts shots, but he removed the photograph, and yonnermark, your photographs, in my opinion, just weren't up to snuff. Take it or leave it... but being bitter about not being nominated is childish and petty. The contests are for fun. There are no huge bragging rights or prizes that come with them (prizes are coming, though).

That all being said, to address your concern, "newbies" can get nominated... look at the list yourself.
im sorry but i have a large problem you saying matt is bitter about not being nominated for monthly photo comp!! im not puttin your site down tim because the people sound very nice on here but matt would not care if he one a compition on a small website, i think the point he was trying to get to was some of the photographs you picked were a lot worse than some of the other pictures on here, its you website and you pick what you choose he wont have a problem with that but that doesnt mean they are the best pictures
if you pick them on the level of the photographer then that means the best photographs dont get put up.

either way is a well known photographer and a multi award winner he has enough awards he doesnt need photographycorner photo of the month

sorry if i upset you with speaking openly like this to the manager of the website but i thought you were wrong
  #30    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
And its fine to disagree, but overall, its Tim that puts the work into the forum, its Tim that funds the forum, and therefore its Tim that has the final say.

Whatever else that is said in PMs is just that, Private Messages. If he feels he needs to use people as an example to prove his point (Not that his points need to be proved) then I think that is also at his discretion.

I can understand your reasoning for your post, but think its mildly out of line. If words (Matt) feels that way, I think he should say so for himself. And Im sure its going to have little to no consequence on his future work being as "He has enough awards he doesnt need photographycorner photo of the month"
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month