Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: MG_0244
My first try at a panoramic shot...

Here is the result of my first panoramic shot. It's my backyard. I know it isn't that interesting but you've got to start somehwere.

The merged two images. The merge was on the tree in the middle of the image with teh blotch of sunlight on the root.
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
I know it isn't that interesting but you've got to start somehwere
do you want feedback?
I guess the merge worked so now you have to try and use it creatively - that's the hard part.
  #3    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: MG_0244
Yeah it is. I think I've got some ideas though.

Flickr
  #4    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:22 AM
Banned
well done on the great panoramic images, im sure quite a few members on here are not good enough to be able to do this type of thing maybe you should do a tutorial, well done again

learning photography isnt just about being creative and swinging the camera around and getting a blurry picture that 2 people in the world like, its firstly about getting you fundamentals right first before you start messing around trying to be the next famous crackpot
  #5    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 06:58 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
learning photography isnt just about being creative and swinging the camera around and getting a blurry picture that 2 people in the world like, its firstly about getting you fundamentals right first before you start messing around trying to be the next famous crackpot
I feel your above comment was uncalled for and I invite you to try and take a make mature approach to your future comments.

Quote:
well done on the great panoramic images
I'd call it more of a successful test than a great panoramic image
  #6    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:05 AM
Banned
I'd call it more of a successful test than a great panoramic image.[/quote]

would you??

well you would be wrong , he knows its a boring shot but whats boring or not is down to opinion its technically fine

secondly im not on your case as it wasnt specifically aimed at you, i just said that creativity needs to be harnessed by technical ability, thats all
  #7    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:09 AM
Junior VIP Member
I'm wrong? simple as that?
Please step back and look at your behaviour here. For the good of the forum I would encourage you to stop with the thinly-veiled insults.

Back to the photography, I wonder if you could point out what makes this panorama "great". (genuine request).
  #8    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:14 AM
Banned
im not insulting anyone,

yonnermark read this part twice>>>>>>>I SAID YOU NEED TO HARNESS CREATIVITY WITH TECHNICAL ABILITY <<<<<< yonnermark read this part twice

please yonnermark, for the good of the forum step back and look through some of the comments you have made in this forum, graffiti ect ect the technical aspect of this panoramic shot is fine, the SUBJECT is bland and uninteresting

my opinion is creativity is the easy part its the technical parts that are hard

as for my swing the camera around comment that was not aimed at you it was aimed at this whole creativity is hard thing
  #9    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:20 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
the technical aspect of this panoramic shot is fine, the SUBJECT is bland and uninteresting
Are you saying that this is a great image even though it is "bland an uninteresting?"
  #10    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Hey Charles, I am glad that you were successful at the panoramic images.

I dont see any distortion in your image and that is a very good part.

I have few tips to offer for these shots: (May be you dont need them anyway)

1. Try to keep atleast 30% overlap between two images to be merged to reduce the pin cushion distorion
2. The wider the lens is, the more the overlap should be.
3. For a horizontal panorama like this one, the camera should be in level, through out the multiple shots.
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places