Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#11    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Banned
im saying the PANORAMIC image is fine...

im saying the SUBJECT of the photograph is bland and uninteresting
  #12    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:56 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
im saying the PANORAMIC image is fine...

im saying the SUBJECT of the photograph is bland and uninteresting
Right, so it's a "successful panoramic test" rather than a "great panoramic image".
  #13    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
Banned
no, its still a panoramic image (even though your play on words is a bit childish considering you called me childish earlier) even if the subject of the image is blah blah said if fifteen times
  #14    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:02 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Charles, well done on the stitching. This is an area that I haven't explored yet but hope to at some point.

<SOAPBOX MODE ON>
A comment like "bland and uninteresting" may well be an opinion, but hardly a critique. Because one person does not find the subject matter of interest does not render it the opinion of others. If you're going to offer critique, make it constructive. The critique corner is not an avenue to find fault, but an avenue to learn. Offer guidance and support, not attacks.

Secondly, these arguments about whose opinion is better than the others are pointless and, quite frankly, show a great deal of disrespect towards one another as well as the person who started the thread.

My apologies to Charles for hijacking his thread with these comments, but I just wanted to express my opinion. You can agree with it or not and that's ok!

<SOAPBOX MODE OFF>
Sponsors
  #15    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Banned
however i think you will find that the original poster was the one who said uninteresting, i was only saying he has achieved his panoramic image well and got it in the neck for it. i said it was an opinion in one of my posts? im sorry if ive done wrong defending my point?

when i said it was bland and uninteresting i was defending the panoramic image
  #16    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:09 AM
Junior VIP Member
I'd go along with what you said there ohenry. especially about it being disrespectful to the topic-starter.

Here's where it all went wrong:

Quote:
learning photography isnt just about being creative and swinging the camera around and getting a blurry picture that 2 people in the world like, its firstly about getting you fundamentals right first before you start messing around trying to be the next famous crackpot
That was an attack against me (based some of the shots I posted here last week) and was 100% uncalled for. I thought the community had left that debate in the past now but alas, maybe not.
  #17    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
its still a panoramic image
Now that you've removed the word "great" we're in full agreement. It is indeed a panoramic image.

And NOW it's time for the topic-starter to open his wings and try to create some great ones for us to view. Go for it, panoramics are lots of fun. I'll probably post some of my own in the "fun" forum later today
  #18    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:14 AM
Banned
its still a great panoramic image...

will you please stop playing on my words

plus i told you that wasnt an attack on you but if you want to persist then please do! as for placing the blame i would look at yourself before criticizing
  #19    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:18 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
its still a great panoramic image...
One man's "great" is another man's "mediocre" so it's good when people have differing opinions because it allows us to learn about different types of people.

So in the name of learning and understanding about the differing tastes among us, what makes it great?
  #20    Top
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:20 AM
Banned
its TECHNICALLY PERFECT no lines no distortion which makes it a great panoramic image, its not taste

technical aspects are not opinions, bland and uninteresting is an opinion which the original poster already said about
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places