Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Elite Member
Are you the same person you were?

Time changes everything , even the way we interact with the world around us . Personality is not set in stone by age 30, but continues to change throughout one's lifetime.

Five major personality traits --

conscientiousness
agreeableness
neuroticism
openness
extraversion

continue to evolve as people age. A survey was done where they've noted that gender is relevant in how personality changes over time. Women became less neurotic, yet always remained more neurotic than men. At the same time, women remained more extraverted and outgoing than men throughout life. Therefore people are always changing. That is, we may not be the same person we were 5 years ago.

So are you the same person you were few years ago? What changed?
Prophet mohammed (blessings be upon him) said: smiling in the face of ur brother is charity ur removing of stones, thorns, & bones from people’s paths is charity, & ur guiding a man gone astray in the world is charity 4 u.http://www.sultan.org/
  #2    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Premiere Member
Every so often I look back and think of how much I've changed..year by year I grow, and I surprise myself in my growth.
  #3    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I've changed greatly, I'm no longer a work-a-holic working 70+ hours a week and ignoring the more important things in life

Kenneth Tynan
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Laugh, it's only life
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I know Ive changed. Some for the good and some maybe not. I used to be bad about saying what I think too much, then I learned self edit. Now I am back too it but with a little more sensitivity. LOL

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,martini in hand, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Sh**!! What a Ride!!"
  #5    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I know I have changed also I think divorce changes you and makes you realize what you really want out of life.
  #6    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Premiere Member
I'd be suprised if anyone said they hadn't changed. I know that I have changed 100% in five years. I'm more true to myself and to those around me. I appreciate my family and friends and.. well, I've just plain grown up a lot. I've defently learned to enjoy life as it comes and stop looking for the next best thing.

Myguinness650
Always looking for the road less traveled
  #7    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Absolutely! The older I get the more I appreciate the little things in life. Something as simple as a sunrise or something as huge as my grandchildren giving me hugs. I don't have to go anywhere to be happy. I can do that at home. I am not the "party girl" I use to be but I still know how to have a good time. I love my parents more...I miss my father since he's passed...yes, I have changed but I am still the same me.
  #8    Top
Old March 12th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Elite Member
As I have grown older I have become what my father was. Smarter, more contemplative and able to enjoy the simple things in life.
  #9    Top
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toby1
Changed? Oh, yeah.

In the 50's I was a little kid who wanted to be blind in one eye so I could wear an eye patch and look cool. (Anyone remember the Hathaway shirt man?)

In the 60's I was a rebel just because. I wore a jacket with an American flag on the back (Anyone remember "Easy Rider"?) and participated in a few demonstrations, a few avant-garde theater productions, and a lot of self-important angst.

In the 70's I grew up a little bit. Got married in '76. Started back to school and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

In the 80's I got my bachelors and masters degrees. Worked in social service type professions. Became a father. Grew up a lot.

In the 90's I raised my son, took care of my sick grandmother, and was filled with surpise at how full my life was becoming. I wrote a full-length play with a friend, saw it produced, and watched the audience enjoy what we had done.

In the 00's, I've started to wonder why I think young and feel old. I'm amazed and gratified by my son's integrity and sense of humor. I am humbled by my wife's constancy and belief in me. I find I want to live to be an old man.

I'm quieter now than I was as a young man. My opinions now remain pretty much my own. I'm content to work in the background and avoid the spotlight. I've not been a success in the world's estimation ... I am not rich, famous, or gloriously good-looking ... but every now and then I'm really happy with where I've been and where I'm going. And, every now and then, that's enough.
  #10    Top
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw
Changed? Oh, yeah.

In the 50's I was a little kid ...... And, every now and then, that's enough.
What a nice summary of "CHANGE". I loved every word of it! Do you write books? Poetry perhaps? Very well written. Thanks for that.