Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Hrm Pocketible camera... But Medium Format

I picked up a new body, it caught my eye when I seen how small the camera was, but also finding out that it shoots off a standard roll of medium format 120. Basically Greg at the camera center (camercenter.net I think their site is finally back up now, its due for a redesign which I'll be doing) ended up giving me this little guy out of consideration for the help and consultation I have given so far. He can be a very generous guy. Seems like the week after next, I'll be employed there for two days aweek, probally mostly website redesign and updates at first, and then maybe help around the shop when I can, I don't know the details of the plan just yet.

But anyways by big I mean that its a medium format shooter, however the camera's body is anything but large. Measuring at approximatly 4.5 inches high, 3 inches wide, and 1.5 inches deep (when closed, when opened up just under 4 inches deep) its capable of shooting medium format 6x4.5 frames yet able to fit into my pocket.

Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515
Nettar-Anastigmat 75mm f/4.5 Lens (4.5 -> 32)
Klio Shutter B,T, 1 to 1/175
Made around 1937

It uses the 6x9 frame counter, by having two ruby windows, when #1
shows up on the bottom window you shoot the first frame, wind until #1
shows in second, then shoot, and repeat with the rest. Basically a
half-frame 6x9 shooter, rather than just going off the 6x4.5 number.

I used a roll of 35mm and 120 to give you guys a reference of size.

And I thought the Kodak Junior 6x9 folding camera was portible...
  #2    Top
Old April 13th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
As promised some sample shots from the Nettar... found out its get stuck on any shutter slower than 1/25.

Ilford HP5+ 400 developed in Microphen Stock @ 68F for 6.5 minutes (click for larger size)

100% Crop at 8 Megapixels Equivilent

100% Crop at 8 Megapixels equivilent
  #3    Top
Old April 14th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Dark Chocolate
Very cool. When Karen and I were home on vacation I came across something like that at an antique store, an old 1918 Kodak vest pocket camera. It's missing the magnifying glass in the viewfinder so I can't really see what it's looking at, but everything seems to be working. Old cameras can still take some great shots!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1651 (2).JPG
Views:	31
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	18453  
---
A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words. - Ansel Adams
  #4    Top
Old April 14th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Junior VIP Member
Better shot

Not to be outdone by the isolated shot...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kodak Vest Pocket01.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	18454  
---
A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words. - Ansel Adams
  #5    Top
Old April 14th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Elite Member
Bellows seem decent, I assume its one of those Bulb / I shutters where its a fixed shutter and aperture, that you'd generally use outdoors?
  #6    Top
Old April 14th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Junior VIP Member
Indeed...four apertures on a rotating dial. I or T shutters--bulb and what looks like around 1/60.
---
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old April 14th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPhoto
Indeed...four apertures on a rotating dial. I or T shutters--bulb and what looks like around 1/60.
More likely 1/50 , but who is to quibble over that tiny ammount of difference.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)