Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:52 AM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
OMG . . . My 28-80mm Bites the Dust - Literally!

Was out yesterday shooting portraits of my 10 YO granddaughter in her Easter finery and was walking to a bench in a garden when my foot went into a hole and down I went. I had my camera around my neck, but it still hit the ground. Well, after that NOTHING worked. I thought I'd killed my brand new (6 mos. old) dslr. Needless to say, after that I was "out of the mood", so I dropped my granddaughter off and headed for the camera shop. The lens is history! The salesman said sometimes they can be pulled back into position (with the impact, the lens was behaving like a jar lid that is put on crooked), but no such luck. Sooooo, guess who's saving up for a new lens. Fortunately, I have a 15-55 mm and 80-200 mm that I can make do with in the meantime. It could have been MUCH worse . . . it could have been the camera that I lost!
  #2    Top
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Premiere Member
Sorry to hear that! I lost a camera last year, same situation. Hope you get your replacement soon.

Myguinness650
Always looking for the road less traveled
  #3    Top
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
sorry for your lose. Which lens was it? better the lens then the camera unless the lens cost more
  #4    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Elite Member
To heck with the lens. I'm glad you didn't twist your ankle.
  #5    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Ouch!! You were lucky that you didn't hurt yourself. I guess accidents like that are inevitable if we spend enough time out in the field. Hopefully, it's only one in a lifetime though!
Cheers,
Bruce
  #6    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I remember shortly after I got my 80-200 2.8 and while mountedon my camera on a tripod it decided to fall lens first into the sand. Luckily for me it only scratched my circular polarizing filter. Still using the lens, could have been an expensive day.
  #7    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:20 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Bruce and Dave, no twisted ankle. Just more damage to an already bad knee, but I think my feelings were hurt more than anything! I swear, losing a lens cap, dropping batteries while shooting, and breaking a lens, all in one week makes me wonder if I should be doing this. . . . yeah, I should. I love it.
  #8    Top
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Elite Member
You didn't sacrifice your body to protect your gear?! SHAME ON YOU!!!

Just kidding. I've got plenty of scars to prove I'm a lifelong clutz. I understand things happen. At least a hospital trip was not involved. You think camera repair is expensive...

www.michaelriggsphoto.com
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner