Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should win Contest Corner Challenge #21: Up in the Air?
CCC21-01: Lighten Up the Skies 2 2.33%
CCC21-02: Over There 0 0%
CCC21-03: Spread Your Wings and Fly 1 1.16%
CCC21-04: Wind Chime 1 1.16%
CCC21-05: Swoosh 0 0%
CCC21-06: Honkers at 2 O'Clock 1 1.16%
CCC21-07: Campfire Fun 6 6.98%
CCC21-08: Jetstream 2 2.33%
CCC21-09: I Can Fly 3 3.49%
CCC21-10: Go Fly a Kite 1 1.16%
CCC21-11: Beyond the Branches 2 2.33%
CCC21-12: Awaiting the Final Ball 0 0%
CCC21-13: Rainbow 1 1.16%
CCC21-14: Long Jump 5 5.81%
CCC21-15: Catching the Sky 8 9.30%
CCC21-16: Sky Full O' Bubbles 1 1.16%
CCC21-17: Clouds from the Shade 1 1.16%
CCC21-18: Over the Bar 1 1.16%
CCC21-19: On a Wing and a Prayer 1 1.16%
CCC21-20: Up There 1 1.16%
CCC21-21: The Magic Bubble 9 10.47%
CCC21-22: Water Fall 1 1.16%
CCC21-23: Premature Flight 0 0%
CCC21-24: Flighting Snowbirds 5 5.81%
CCC21-25: Love is in the Air 2 2.33%
CCC21-26: Sunrise Bubbles 31 36.05%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#11    Top
Old April 25th, 2006, 03:02 AM
This is amazing!

how does one vote?

PS: I have an idea, why not hold an online exhibition? anybody toy with that idea? we all have numnerous contacts in terms of a vast mailing list, etc... we could get out there! just a suggestion? lets discuss that?

www.flickr.com/photos/cairodusk
  #12    Top
Old April 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
My vote is in. It was very tough too. Alot of great entries everyone. Good luck to all of you that entered.

cheers,

jules
Sponsors
  #13    Top
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Portrait
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
..voted...
good luck to everyone. - p.s. we got really nice photos here
  #14    Top
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Some awesome entries here, too bad the competition isn't a little closer!
  #15    Top
Old April 27th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
After hours of looking at the photos - I made my vote. The one I voted for doesn't even have a chance to win. They are all great photos but my vote went to "The Magic Bubble" - love the sun burst, reflection of the photographer and bubble blower and the way that image flips. - Congrats on my vote - yes it means nothing.
  #16    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Jaimedep! love your photo but persoanly bubles do look fake.... but i think thats stunning that you can produce an image like that and make it look so sureal that you fool everyone! Congrats to you on that
  #17    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
lmao - now that voting is over I can come in and say:

"Come on guys, not even one vote????"

Mine was the crane by the way! Okay - so it's not actually in the air but I figured it fit the brief! Any chance of some critique now the competition is over . .???

Lmao - hey ho, I shall just have to try harder next time! I was just so pleased to get an entry in!

But, generally I was outclassed by the competition - I will say that my vote went to the sunrise bubbles - I think it's a cracking shot!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #18    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Premiere Member
Thank you Zheng. One thing I can reassure you of... that bubble is VERY real. If you look closely you can see myself, and my two kids (blowing the bubbles). By the time I was finished they were very tired of helping me!

One of 42, the fact that you entered a photo is great news, we love to see people actively participating. Sunrise Bubbles is amazing, I agree with you on that. Congrats to that person also! (I know who's it is but I can't tell! )

I am still waiting for a response from Swoosh, I would like to congradulate them personally. On a side note, I hope things are well with Tim, haven't seen a post from him in days.
  #19    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
First off, I would like to offer my congrats to all the entries. There are some there, I feel are amazing attempts, and deserved a lot more votes then they got. Everybody did an excellent job.

After sitting here and watching this unfold , I have decided to post my original photo, now that the contest is over.
Other then the basic touch up...which are in the rules...this is it.
Only post work, was a slight crop, brightness/contrast adjustment to decrease the rock distraction in the bottom left corner. The photo was also resized from its original size for posting.
These bubbles are approximatly 8" in size and created from a small bubble maker. I deliberatly shot beyond them to focus on the sunrise, I guess making the bubbles look "fake" After looking at the image again myself, I can see where that assumption might be made. They look flat.
In total, I took approximatly 150 photos over a 2 week period, and on this day, 75 alone, as I took advantage of the calm morning and warm weather.
Anyways...I will post more of my bubble adventure in the regular galleries. Im sorry that you feel this was a computer generated image. I have very limited photoshop skills and rely on trying to trick the camera.

Visit me here..Room57
  #20    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Premiere Member
Spicoli, you have all my respect, for that post. It is unfortunate that you had to defend yourself, but you did it in a very respectful manner. You deserve the win for this contest, in my own personal opinion. Thank you for coming forth and setting things straight. I am looking forward to seeing those other bubble pictures!!
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner