Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should stand as the May 2006 Photograph of the Month?
Yellow Sunset on the Castle of Ayguines by eRick 12 13.79%
Stainless by bonehead 6 6.90%
Morning Walk by Oneof42 5 5.75%
Young Lovers by savone 6 6.90%
An Hour at the Marsh by Spicoli 5 5.75%
Golden Grass by PhotosNFun 1 1.15%
Tulip Festival by MmcFloyd 3 3.45%
Where Are You? by Joeri 26 29.89%
Zoolander by TimAndrea 4 4.60%
Orange Lily by katri 6 6.90%
Penny for my Thoughts by Thingfish 5 5.75%
Strawberry Soda by Mike Jordan 8 9.20%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:07 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the May 2006 Photograph of the Month

The photographs this month were nominated entirely by the Premiere Members. Congrats to all the photographers who had photographs nominated this month!

Voting Ends: 11:59pm EST (GMT -5) on Sunday, April 30th, 2006.

Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Waller and Son, a small New England company dedicated to bringing you the highest quality photography equipment bags available and by Blish.com - a great place to Buy or Sell Digital Photography.

Prize: The winner will receive a Field Bag courtesy of Waller and Son!!

#2    Top
Old April 24th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I spend most months hoping to be on this list - and when the list in announced , I actually celebrate the fact that I'm not up against these giants.

Awesome inspring work everybody. You raise the bar! Good luck to all.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #3    Top
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Junior VIP Member
Wow, just plain wow, all of these are breath taking, I think I voted well.

Stephen
  #4    Top
Old April 26th, 2006, 07:02 AM
insanely good ones, tough choices.... best of luck y'all!

www.flickr.com/photos/cairodusk
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old April 27th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Why does the photograph of the month have 1/2 the votes the CCC does? Don't all the same members look at this board? Why is the CCC getting so much extra attention?
  #6    Top
Old April 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I'm thinking 2 reasons:
1- CCC nominees follow one set theme - so it's usually easier to judge, compare and make a selection!
2- CCC is more a "people's contest" - while most entries will make it to the list, while you can't usually 'enter' the POTM list - your work enters itself!

I always thought it was harder to pick a fave out of the POTM list - and this month is no exception! I downloaded these photos and kept looking at them for a long time until I was able to place my vote - and I'm still not sure! LOL

Oh, and 3: In CCC, you probably don't know which 'member' you're voting for, maybe some people have 2 or 3 friends in the POTM list and can't decide which to vote for!? Just guessing.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #7    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:41 AM
The Southern Yankee
Recent Photo: Sweet Magnolia
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
As usual, all wonderful photos. Congrats to all those nominated, and good luck!
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 12-24 f.4.0 G ED DX
Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

www.judybruner.com
  #8    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'm a little confused on the "Yellow Sunset" Photo.

Is it a photograph with a brush stroke filter applied, or is it a photograph of a painting?

The Best Damn Photo Blog Period

Chris Deyoe Photography
  #9    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I dont recall ever seeing any of these photographs... maybe I should browse around more
Theres some amazing photos here, getting tougher to select one all the time!
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #10    Top
Old April 29th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Elite Member
Wow, this is another hard round to judge.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~Ansel Adams
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month