Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Sunrise Bubbles--revisited

I was not sure if I should post these at all, but I decided to let you see that the Sunrise Bubble shot that I entered in the Contest Challenge was real. Seems there was some question as to weather it was a computer generated image.

These are a few images that were captured over the period I was trying to get the sunrise in a bubble.

My first day out was pretty cold, and the bubbles were not staying up in the air. This was one of the first shot at trying to get the reflection on the bubble.
Slight crop, and level adjustment

Still freezing , I noticed that small frost spots were forming on the bubbles. These bubbles are approx. 8" This is a shot of the frost on the side of a bubble.
Sligh crop, and level adjustment

Another shot from the last morning. Different camera
Slight crop, and adjustments

A reverse shot, instead of facing the sun, the bubbles were behind me. I tried to capture the reflection off the side of the bubbles

Another image of some bubbles that landed safely on the water.

This is one of my other attempts at the "in the air" challenge. It was my first idea, then I went and tried the bubble exercise instead.

Visit me here..Room57
  #2    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
BEAUTIFUL!!!! I absolutely LOVE the one with the frost on it!!! I think after seeing these posts, no one will question that your photo was quite real! I can vouch for the difficulty when it comes to taking pictures of bubbles.
  #3    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Thank you Jaime. I appreciate your comments.

Im sure that there will always be questions, whether there is proof in the photo or not. I have no other way to prove my photos are real, and not a computer generation, except to post them. I have many more besides these, and just picked a few. People have that right to decide for themselves.
Thanks again.

Take care
  #4    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wonderful images, spicoli, as always, don't think I've ever seen an image from your perspective that I haven't liked. I did enter this comp but when it descended into a hassle zone, I didn't comment.I've seen this happen in a lot of photo comps, makes me feel a bit sad and disheartened. I enter to challenge myself and to learn from other's imagination. Your entry was beautiful, as your images always are..doesn't surprise me that it was yours.

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #5    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Spicolli, I always admire your photos, you do beautiful work but that photo in the contest did look more like a graphic than it did a photo. I'm sorry no mather how i look at it that's the impression i get. Did not mean to insult or mane your integrity in any way, just expressed an opinion, i think we are still allowed to have them!

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #6    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Thank you terri for your kind words. I always appreciate your comments.

Thank you for your reply Patman. Everybody will see an image differently. I looked at again, and I can see how that image may look fake. That is why I decided to post others to show the different attempts I made. Quite possibly, had I made the focus the bubbles, and not the sunrise, it might have changed the exposure on the bubbles,and not made them so transparent.
Thank you again for your comments.
  #7    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Recent Photo: The Golden Hour
My original thought was that it was faked too. I went back, however, and reread the rules to find that a faked image was not allowed. I don't know how someone would tell or know unless you can look at layers or something. After that I did go the route of honest people and think that someone wouldn't try to cheat the system. That's all in another thread.

Great shot for sure! I need to get my imagination working.
Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
18-55mm stock (came with the D50)
Nikkor 70-300mm
http://www.kaymeephotography.com
Sacramento Photography Examiner
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimedep
BEAUTIFUL!!!! I absolutely LOVE the one with the frost on it!!! I think after seeing these posts, no one will question that your photo was quite real! I can vouch for the difficulty when it comes to taking pictures of bubbles.
I agree with the above comment, other than I've never taken pictures of bubbles. After seeing your wonderful shots, however, I may just have to make a stab at it.
  #9    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Sales of bubble machines rocket - now where do I find them in the stock exchange????!!!

Still great shots and I am overawed by the frosted ones - never occurred to me that this would happen.

I'm just bitter that this shot was soooooooooo good!

Good work as always.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #10    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words.
ONeof42...dont worry...I dont have shares in bubble machines, but I sure should have taken it out in the bubble solution. Took me 4 bottles. :+)
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things