Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Miscellaneous

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:52 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Man Behind the Yellow

If I've already put this up I apologise...this is during the yellow man shoot, my son having a moment of losing direction in the artistic flow. Guess you could say he temporarily hit the wall. So for those of you who have seen some of the series, this is the man behind the mask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1674Man Behind the Yellow2fr.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	587.0 KB
ID:	22142  

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #2    Top
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:21 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I think I've seen a shot of the "Man behind the yellow" before but it wasn't this. This might be my first time in the "Critiques" section so not sure if suggestions are allowed (so I'll PM you one) but over all I think it's an excellent shot. The composition is great and I like the bit of yellow on the left and the bit of yellow on the right! I also like "man's" pose.

This should go on the back cover of the Yellow Book.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #3    Top
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:04 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Image_04502
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
i like the yellow, the lady at his elbow is a little distracting and he could of been a little brighter. overall i like it though.
  #4    Top
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Silent Screamer
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for the feedback Faisal and Tim. And suggestions are always allowed where I'm concerned Faisal.

#5    Top
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
Seeing Beyond Seeing
Recent Photo: DSC_83631pc
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Oh so that is the man behind the yellow, you have a very handsome son

Nice capture, love the expression on his face, as though he is in a deep though, the clarity and details are superb, well done!

susanhernandezphotography
  #6    Top
Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Silent Screamer
Thanks Susan for the input. (I'll tell him you think he's handsome as well ). He was a little depressed actually in this shot, we'd been shooting for hours on end and he suddenly decided he didn't know why and what direction the project was heading in. I was waiting there for him to click into gear and liked the way this looked so took it without him being aware of it. He did eventually cross that barrier of artistic block, but it took awhile.

Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old June 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Banned
nice

cool street docu work , i like terri

si
  #8    Top
Old June 10th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Silent Screamer
Thanks a lot for having a look greatshot. Appreciate your input.

#9    Top
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Elite Member
An interesting and technically excellent shot. Although I feel the message is confused. As it is the yellow acts a border that puts the focal point on the woman with her shopping and the dude laening against the wall with your son's expression being a comment on that. And then you have the guy on the left walking out of the frame which is a further comment on the central focus action. This centrally focused action is a tad ambigiuos. To pull the focus back on your son I would loose the yellow on the right and the guy walking out of frame on the left.
Just my thoughts
  #10    Top
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Silent Screamer
Appreciate your suggestions, henry. I think I have another crop of this without the man at his elbow and half of the bollard cropped out. I'll dig it out later since we're (again) having PC problems and the thing is running like a bear. The sign struck me because of the bold Stop lettering. Chris had indeed stopped all action, the street carried on, but he was temporarily frozen inside his head, if you get my drift. Thanks for taking time to comment, always enjoy hearing your thoughts..oh, and your book is superb, love the forward, it says it all succinctly and articulately regarding street shooting. There are so many stunning images in it and every time I look again, I'm seeing something new and different.

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Miscellaneous