Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should win Contest Corner Challenge#22: Place of Worship?
CCC22-01: In Praise of Knowledge 2 1.03%
CCC22-02: My Garden 4 2.05%
CCC22-03: Meditation 1 0.51%
CCC22-04: Stone Temple 2 1.03%
CCC22-05: Sanctuary 9 4.62%
CCC22-06: Place of Drooling 1 0.51%
CCC22-07: Angel Moroni 4 2.05%
CCC22-08: Falls of my Youth 21 10.77%
CCC22-09: Guardian 4 2.05%
CCC22-10: Where Dreams Begin 7 3.59%
CCC22-11: tranquility 6 3.08%
CCC22-12: The Good Book 32 16.41%
CCC22-13: Book oF Light 36 18.46%
CCC22-14: Stars 2 1.03%
CCC22-15: The Light of Prayer 12 6.15%
CCC22-16: Mind 13 6.67%
CCC22-17: FREEDOM 6 3.08%
CCC22-18: The Word 10 5.13%
CCC22-19: God Bless America 3 1.54%
CCC22-20: Like a Fog 9 4.62%
CCC22-21: Stand Up 5 2.56%
CCC22-22: The Cross 6 3.08%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the CCC#22: Place of Worship Winning Photograph

Contest: CCC#22: Place of Worship

Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Kiesel Bags, designers of professional photographer bags whose products range from small pouch bags to huge professional series bags. Now offering all PhotographyCorner Members 10% off any products. Coupon Code: PHOTOCRNR

Prize: The prize for the contest is supplied by Kiesel Bags. If the winner of the contest is a Premiere Member, then they can select one of the following bags:
TZ600, TZ500, MX600, MX500, RX450, CS320

If the winner of the contest is not a Premiere Member, they can select one of the following bags:
MX400, MX300, DX320, DX310, CS310, CS300

Voting Ends: approximately 6:00pm EST (GMT-5), Wednesday, June 21st, 2006.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ccc22-01---In-Praise-of-Knowledge.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	23343
CCC22-01: In Praise of Knowledge
Reading that "worship" was not limited to its traditional "religiousness," I immediately found myself hunting for the thing that best embodied the dissemination of information.

Name:	ccc22-02---My-Garden.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	23344
CCC22-02: My Garden
My mediatation place, is in my garden. Isaiah 40:8.. The grass witherith, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever. Amen.

Name:	ccc22-03---Meditation.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	716.4 KB
ID:	23345
CCC22-03: Meditation
I sit and meditate I am at the smorgasboard stage of religion so I have symbols of buddah,christian,hindu,and nature they all are similair.

Name:	ccc22-04---Stone-Temple.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	23346
CCC22-04: Stone Temple
The sheer majesty and solitude of this place make me feel closer to God. This is my place of worship.

Name:	ccc22-05---Sanctuary.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	23347
CCC22-05: Sanctuary
This is the Church I have been attending since I was 4, at evening and night it is quite beautiful.

Name:	ccc22-06---Place-of-Drooling.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	23348
CCC22-06: Place of Drooling
I cannot walk past one of these displays without stopping and wishing – hence my place of worship!

Name:	ccc22-07---Angel-Moroni.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	23349
CCC22-07: Angel Moroni
“Statues of the angel Moroni atop our [LDS] temples herald the gospel going forth 'to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people' (Rev. 14:6) in this latter-day regathering of Israel.” - J. Michael Hunter, Ensign, January 2000.

Name:	ccc22-08---Falls-of-my-Youth.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	23350
CCC22-08: Falls of my Youth
Places of our youthful memories can become places of worship. I was awestruck as a child and still hold this place dear to me today.

Name:	ccc22-09---Guardian.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	23351
CCC22-09: Guardian
In Lebanon, christians place statues representing the christian faith near important locations (house fronts, an intersection where a loved one had an accident or shops). This set of flowers with the statue were in-front of a closed shop along with some flowers.

Name:	ccc22-10---Where-Dreams-Begin.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	23352
CCC22-10: Where Dreams Begin
Sleep, Health, Laughter, Tears, Relaxation, Thoughts, Snuggles, Dreams, Love, Hate, Numbness, Sickness, Beauty, Safe, Home. What I worship is not a God, rather a serenity.

Name:	ccc22-11---tranquility.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	23353
CCC22-11: tranquility
Serenity, calmness, peacefulness, quietness, stillness, relaxation, life, and pure, is what draws me to worship nature to forget about the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Name:	ccc22-12---The-Good-Book.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	23354
CCC22-12: The Good Book
I could say that (using this image) as a photographer I worship Light. Any kind or light, be it artificial or available. However I have a great respect for available light as it is never the same thing, one minute it can be bright and warm, the next it can be dim and cool. While this image was shot in a Cathedral, however the basis of this shot was the light and shadows.

Name:	ccc22-13---Book-oF-Light.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	23355
CCC22-13: Book oF Light
I believe in God and the Bible, not religion. I can worship anywhere but love to come to this spot over the Sea of Galilee.

Name:	ccc22-14---Stars.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	23356
CCC22-14: Stars
This is a photograph of a statue of the Virgin Mary in St. Paul's Parish, Richmond, BC. It is dedicated in memory of unborn infants. Our family arrived here in Canada from the Philippines, which is predominantly Roman Catholic, during the late 90's. Marian devotion is still a big part of our lives, so I decided to share this image.

Name:	ccc22-15---The-Light-of-Prayer.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	23357
CCC22-15: The Light of Prayer
I’m catholic, so we worship the Trinity (The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit). My church and where this pictures was taken is St. Patrick’s Catholic Church.

Name:	ccc22-16---Mind.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	23358
CCC22-16: Mind
I am Buddhist, and believe that the true place of worship is in the mind; Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or other. I wanted people to think a little about where true religion can be found.

Name:	ccc22-17---FREEDOM.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	23359
CCC22-17: FREEDOM
The reason why I worship this statue is becuase its an awesome statue, which to me means peace and freedom. The fountain is very soothing and just makes me relax and think whever I am there. It's a place I can go to and just sit there and watch the fountain and organize all my thoughts, or whenever I am feeling blue this fountain statue mekes me happy.

Name:	ccc22-18---The-Word.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	23360
CCC22-18: The Word
I worship the God of the Bible. He is the master of my life, and guides my every step.

Name:	ccc22-19---God-Bless-America.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	23361
CCC22-19: God Bless America
Taken at the Flight 93 memorial, on June 11, 2006, a very holy place, and the cross is the item which is being worshiped.

Name:	ccc22-20---Like-a-Fog.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	23362
CCC22-20: Like a Fog
Spirituality doesn't exist externally in a building or a book. It surrounds our spirit like a fog, engulfing us in its mysterious powers of consciousness. Yet, we control it and allow it to guide us towards good or evil.

Name:	ccc22-21---Stand-Up.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	23363
CCC22-21: Stand Up
This is my place of worship beacuse it is the freedom of nature. Freedom to stand up, be yourself, and not to be afraid to be different. I do this in the outdoors when I am all alone but also anywhere else I go. So to me this picture is not only where I worship but also what I worship.

Name:	ccc22-22---The-Cross.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	23364
CCC22-22: The Cross
I worship God and believe that the cross best represents that belief. I believe that the “church” is a community of people, not a building.
  #2    Top
Old June 16th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Wow! some great shots and ideas this time, I think - on average - even better than the last couple of times. Great job everyone and good luck to all.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #3    Top
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Junior VIP Member
Plenty of nice pictures. More crosses than I'd expected (I thought people would deliberately try to avoid the "obvious" representation), but, nevertheless, good diversity. It'll be a tough competition for all — !
  #4    Top
Old June 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Goodluck everyone! Some awesome pictures here.
  #5    Top
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Junior VIP Member
Good luck to all, some good powerful images.

Stephen
  #6    Top
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Junior VIP Member
All I can say is WOW! Some of the writups are very deep, and adding a nice shot really makes this a very cool contest.

The competition is pretty fierce in this one----best of luck to all!

Jeff
http://www.mountainmonster.freeforums.org
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old June 17th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Elite Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
wow powerfull images.Good luck all.
  #8    Top
Old June 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Seeing Beyond Seeing
Recent Photo: DSC_83631pc
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Very impressive shots, good luck to you all.

susanhernandezphotography
  #9    Top
Old June 17th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Some great photos - nice write ups - original ideas. It is nice to see a good competition going!
  #10    Top
Old June 17th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
This is the best contest the PC has had. Not only do you get to vote on a photograph but taking into consideration the writings as well. Great idea for the contest Tim. Good shots everyone. This contest took me the longest to decide. Some of them left me speechless, some in awe. Lots of imagination going on!