Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average.
  #1    Top
Old June 17th, 2006, 03:48 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Image Copyright Protection

Article: Image Copyright Protection

Very informative article, Mike Jordan!
  #2    Top
Old June 30th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I learnt lot things about copyright now ... Thanks Tim
  #3    Top
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Wow, really good article, 1 update is they did up the price, now its $45 per group submission. Definately a must for anyone that does this for a living. However for us hobbyists i dont think this is a wise move, its simply not worth the money, and frankly i wouldnt care much if someone took my pictures.
  #4    Top
Old July 5th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Going to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foretwoone
Wow, really good article, 1 update is they did up the price, now its $45 per group submission. Definately a must for anyone that does this for a living. However for us hobbyists i dont think this is a wise move, its simply not worth the money, and frankly i wouldnt care much if someone took my pictures.
I agree, though if someone took my images, and claimed them as my own, and then forbid me from using my own images, than that's a different story.

EF 28-90mm f/4-5.6 EF III
EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Visit my SmugMug
http://tombux.smugmug.com/
  #5    Top
Old July 22nd, 2006, 02:37 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Make sure you digg this article!
  #6    Top
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:36 PM
The Better Half
Recent Photo: The Lady
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wow! Very informative article. I've learned a lot about copyright and will definitely keep that in mind.
"Capturing Life One Photo At A Time"
comments, critiques, and suggestions always welcomed :-)
  #7    Top
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:47 PM
interesting

damn, that concerns me, because i have some pretty good shots of fiji on webshots that are unprotected...guess i should take them off and watermark them. anyone know a good batch watermarking software?
  #8    Top
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Premiere Member
Definitely a good read, thanks Tim.
  #9    Top
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:06 PM
Well, i think that if you seen your image published and someone else is making million off of it. I know i would be pissed. 45 dollars allows me to atleast get honest pay for my honest work if this happens
  #10    Top
Old September 29th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Dark Chocolate
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
So what falls into an acceptable 'group'? Could I bundle all of my shots from the last year and call the group "Images from 1/06 to 1/07"?

Thanks for the article, Mike!
---
A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words. - Ansel Adams
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles