Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average.
  #21    Top
Old April 3rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Recent Photo: Fire in the sky
Eye-Opening

This is a pretty eye-opening article especially for those who make their living selling stock photography. I'm not sure its worth it for everyone from a financial standpoint, but its still a good read. Thanks for posting.
  #22    Top
Old December 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know if there are similar laws and/or procedures for those of us living in Canada? Tim... any clue?
  #23    Top
Old December 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I haven't done a ton of research on it myself. A good spot for info is here, though: http://www.chin.gc.ca/English/Digital_Content/
  #24    Top
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Awesome to pull up these old articles on here. Good info, and thanks.

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #25    Top
Old December 20th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason
Thanks for posting this bit of information. It is something that all photographers should be aware of - and if you're NOT - then this is really worth the read...

"...We were put on the earth to experience life in its totality. And if you're not doing that, you're essentially wasting your time."
- R. Carlos Nakai
  #26    Top
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
excellent article! i use to not put any copyright on my pictures but recently i started doing it. A newspaper used my pictures but luckily i have my copyright on and they give me credit in the end. very informative article!!
  #27    Top
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
you can now also submit images for copyright registration electronically. it costs less ($35 instead of $45), and is faster as well. here's a link to their "eCO" FAQ and tips pages...

http://www.copyright.gov/eco/faq.html
http://www.copyright.gov/eco/tips.pdf

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #28    Top
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
This from the copyright office website as well...

"Paper versions of Form TX (literary works); Form VA (visual arts works); Form PA (performing arts works, including motion pictures); Form SR (sound recordings); and Form SE (single serials) are still available. The fee for a basic registration using one of these forms is $45 payable by check or money order. Form CON (continuation sheet for applications) is also still available in paper. These paper forms are not accessible on the Copyright Office website; however, staff will send them to you by postal mail upon request. Remember that online registration through eCO and fill-in Form CO (see above) can be used for the categories of works applicable to Forms TX, VA, PA, SR, and SE."

in other words, if you want, you can still get the paper forms, but you have to specifically request them, and they will be sent by mail, rather than downloading a .PDF file as in the past. it's a lot faster and easier to file electronically...

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
Sponsors
  #29    Top
Old February 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: colorfly
Great Article
  #30    Top
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuting View Post
damn, that concerns me, because i have some pretty good shots of fiji on webshots that are unprotected...guess i should take them off and watermark them. anyone know a good batch watermarking software?
I just took my entire album off Webshots because despite the watermark there, two people downloaded images that were plainly copyrighted. Plus they also have no protection in place for pro or aspiring pro photographers. If you put up your photos at Webshots, it's your money that's going down the drain.
My Gear
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles