Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  #1    Top
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:17 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Drop Shadow Frame

Tutorial: Drop Shadow Frame

Great tutorial, Dave Noel!
  #2    Top
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Here is another suggestion that might help

Good job on the tutorial. I’d like to add to your good work. As a professional web developer, drop shadows are something I do quite often. It makes the photos stand out better on the page.

Here is what I do.

Usually, the constraint is what size of an image I need on the web page, so I will create a new blank PSD file in the size I need. Then I choose the color of my background (to match my web page background color) – it may be white, but often times it is another color. I then use the paint bucket to fill the new blank image with that color.

I then drag the image I want to add the drop shadow to – into the new blank image and use the Transform tool (Ctrl T) to change the size to fit. (you can go smaller, but not larger – quality issues.) Hold down the ALT and Caps lock keys together to maintain the proportions – and size the newly drug image to fit in the frame – leaving room on the bottom and right side for the shadow (note leave a bit extra – you don’t want to cut off any shadow.

Then with the layer with your photo on it selected, click in the layer section – the little picture next to the eye. This will bring up the box you select drop shadow from. Make your selections, save then do a save for web to create your JPG file.

#3    Top
Old June 26th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Sitting Through Time
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Really helpful, thanks...

I love my cameras
Cameras: (two) Canon 40D
Lenses: (Canon) 24-70mm f2.8L, 100mm f2.8L Macro IS,
70-200mm f4.0L; (Sigma) 50-500mm f4.0-6.3
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old July 1st, 2007, 08:36 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Glamour Shots
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Love photoshop! When I double click on the layers titles I can create so many more effects. That is a really helpful post.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.phpid=1110427138
  #5    Top
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: My Blood!
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Yeaah! Really nice one.

#6    Top
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Party Pug
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
great tutorial, and fabulous tip for the web. thanks muchos!
  #7    Top
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks guys, sandman that sounds good too. That is what I like about PS there is always more than one way to do something. Glad you found it useful.
  #8    Top
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: My Blood!
Now I'm using this technique to frame my photos

#9    Top
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Premiere Member
Great job on the tut Dave. Very helpful

Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!
  #10    Top
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Awesome.. thanks a lot for this

C & C Welcome

My Site - GraspTheMoment.com
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials