Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Thanks in_d - appreciate the comment.

And thanks Chriscon - yup, Blickling Hall is about 6 miles from my house, it's a beautiful stately home - the house and the garden are open to the public and we are regular visitors!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #22    Top
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Breathtaking! And yes, I can imagine riding up in the horse and carriage.

Brilliant job!!

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
  #23    Top
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
These are both incredible. If I had to pick, I'd go with the first one- I love the panoramic sweep and the brillint lighting- but they are both beautiful.
Terry
  #24    Top
Old June 23rd, 2006, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
Coming home tonight and the clouds were somewhat dramatic - so quick detour to a local stately home !

Yes, these have been tone mapped but no they are not HDR images. I like the strong effect that this process gives but others may differ?

Just imagine driving up this drive in a horse and carriage . . .

Andy
got to look into this tone mapping malarkey!
  #25    Top
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
That first shot made me do a double take, andy. It has a strange surreal appeal for me. Wonderfully percieved with the angle you've chosen.

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #26    Top
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Too Far
Recent Photo: Thristy 2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
OMG, speechless. These are sooooo soooooo amazing Ohhh, love love love
  #27    Top
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
very very nice shot
a shame that you get too much noise in the sky and this big while hole
it will be not much work to solve it
  #28    Top
Old June 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRICK
very very nice shot
a shame that you get too much noise in the sky and this big while hole
it will be not much work to solve it
point taken eRick (Thanks!) and I do appreciate the compliment, especially with some of the landscape work of yours that I have seen.

Hadn't noticed the burned out cloud till you mentioned it - lmao! But I do know what you mean!

The noise, yup perhaps pushed a little too much and I hadn't paid proper attention to it in the first instance. Should be better now?

Slightly different shot (different original image - note the file number! )

Does this work better for you?

If you want to have a go at "mending" the original one then please be my guest . . .

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20060620_0010.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	829.1 KB
ID:	23878  

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue

Last edited by Oneof42; June 23rd, 2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Edited - forgot to attach!!! oops!
Sponsors
  #29    Top
Old June 23rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Premiere Member
oh man - now I keep on noticing the big blue hole at the top!

Bleedin' sky - won't stay still!!!!

Andy

ps.. Thanks also to other folks - I am soooo pleased at the reception this shot got!

Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #30    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:28 AM
I Andy

I had a try with your photo

removed the white holes
the long very dark edge on the left was nearlly totally black, i have added the right edge and rotated it
added a shade for the left edge
darken a bit the foreground and lighten a bit the background
reduced noise
sharpen a bit

but now it looks a bit softer than yours ... something certainly is lost

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5...ycorner8ge.jpg
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places