Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#11    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:44 AM
the AM in Amature
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli
I got an idea.....

Very excellent, Tim.
Man I hate it when you say that!
This one could be a lot of fun

Canon Digital Rebel T4i
Canon 18-135mm F5-5.6
Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6
Gopro 3 white
www.pbase.com/snowphoto
www.facebook.com/msnowphotography
  #12    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Chuckle - at the risk of losing before I start:

Is it worth pointing out the typo in the title of this thread??

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #13    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Only if you want to risk losing before you start!

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #14    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimedep
tim you are trying to kill me.... thank god I am going to vegas
hahaha, Should be easy enough here, You might even catch an accident or 2! Or yes... actually end up in front of it ( couple incidents of mowing down innocent bystanders )
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #15    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
< makes sure the life insurance policy is up to date.
  #16    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 09:49 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1sal
Oh my god!! That IS tough stuff!! Excellent "challenge" Tim! Wow.

Just one question, does night shots - long exposures - count? They usually show no cars just traces. (Please say no - becuase i would've given away my idea!) LOL
Nope, gotta show the whole car.
  #17    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 09:50 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
Interesting challenge Tim - you are getting meaner!

Andy
You guys are just getting better and raising the bar, so I'm reciprocating.
  #18    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 09:51 AM
The Corner Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
Is it worth pointing out the typo in the title of this thread??

Andy
You're disqualified.

Oh, and what typo?
  #19    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Trigger Happy Fella
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker
Description: While it may seem obvious that the only requirement for the contest would be that the subject of the shot has to be a vehicle, there are several additional requirements. Firstly, the photograph must include the full car (i.e. the whole car has to be in the photo, not just a headlight or something). Another specific is it has to be a car (i.e. no trucks, no SUV's, no bikes, etc). The third and final requirement is that the car must be in motion - no standing there and setting up your shot perfectly - I want to see motion blur, so 3mph doesn't count. I'm talking at least 35mph (55kph). So, go photograph a full, moving car. Simple enough, right?
Wow!!! That's errr .... simple *sweats* Will you send me a prize if I get hit by the moving car? LOL.
Sponsors
  #20    Top
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndroo
Wow!!! That's errr .... simple *sweats* Will you send me a prize if I get hit by the moving car? LOL.
Hang on - surely it's illegal for any car to go above 20mph in Singapore isn't it?

For goodness sake ndroo - don't try and use the 10-20mm to do this one - you'll get yourself flattened!!!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner