Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Circle of Life

Was shooting away in Lebanon - and noticed how life looked more interesting through these street weird circled mirrors (as it changes the perspective of everything) and was glad the mirror was surrounded by darkness so the view within would get more attention.

Hope you like this. Comments & critique always welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The view.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	24452  

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #2    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Seeing Beyond Seeing
Recent Photo: DSC_83631pc
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Awesome shot fa1sal, it looks like a painting within a mirror, it would be cool to do a series of different images in the mirror, very impressive work, love it!

susanhernandezphotography
  #3    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
very cool concept! I've been planning on doing something similar but with a window reflection.

I agree, I like the dark background so the reflection gets the attention it deserves. Great image!!

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Premiere Member
Great shot,I like it's perspective. You hit the nail on the head with this one.
  #5    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Thanks again Susan and Jenn. Really appreciate these comments.

I love the idea of the series (which is great since i'm going back to Lebanon in a couple of weeks!). I actually took a shot of myself in one of these mirrors. Note to self: weird perspectives do not work on humans! LOL - especially ones you like!

#6    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Premiere Member
Thanks a lot Thingfish. Appreciate the compliment.

#7    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Seeing Beyond Seeing
Recent Photo: DSC_83631pc
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
We would love to see that shot of you in the mirror.

susanhernandezphotography
  #8    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
We would love to see that shot of you in the mirror.
LOL. Nice try, Susan!

Three reasons that would never happen:
1- The perspectives of me are messed up. (Ok, EVEN MORE messed up!) LOL
2- I was in the middle of the street. I was very self-aware, since people in the street thought I was loony - which added a weird expression on my face!
and 3- only 2 members on this forum know what I look like, and this would be a terrible introduction! LOL

#9    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Love the self portrait avoidance sir!

Very cool shot - well done!

I tried to get something similar in Venice last year but it sooo didn't work as well as this.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #10    Top
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Premiere Member
OK! This is me!!

Ok. I give in. After almost 9 months of a face-less 'fa1sal', here is me!

I would've loved to do a better job on composing this - but the mirror was too dirty anyway, so I didn't bother. You can also notice the 'shy' position of the cam - as I didn't want anyone to think I was crazy!

Also attaching some 'normal' photos of me - to prove that it was in fact the mirror perspective that made me look like that! LOL

One in the national official dress (taken by a semi-professional for a company newsletter!) and the other was snapped with a child actor who starred in my latest TV commercial.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me in mirror.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	24479  Click image for larger version

Name:	Work.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	24480  Click image for larger version

Name:	With model.jpg
Views:	37