Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM
The Chief
I Never saw it, I had it called to my attention by someone who had visited my site and accused me of photoshopping it...

The vignetting was caused by having a 2X adaptor screwed to my Dimage7i.. and going wide angle..
I was too lazy at the time to remove it...

I still have the 2x, and will prolly put it up for sale, the camera as I said earlier is headed to Tahiti and my wife will sell it there for as much as I paid for it here, so I will lose nothing..

The darkest moments of human history have always had silence on their side. (Sr. Joan Chittister, OSB March 24 2005)
  #12    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like the vingetting...it really adds to this photograph. Gosh...there are some REALLY good posts out here this month. My POTM choice will be hard!
  #13    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
I Never saw it, I had it called to my attention by someone who had visited my site and accused me of photoshopping it
great stuff.
  #14    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
This is a really rich shot and I agree that the vignette adds to the photo. Colors are awesome, did you play with the colors in PS?
  #15    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
The Chief
No, Stoney I didn't this has only been converted to Jpeg and reduced to something manageable..

The darkest moments of human history have always had silence on their side. (Sr. Joan Chittister, OSB March 24 2005)
  #16    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceWords
you are indeed a better photographer tha you think that you are
I second that.
  #17    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Recent Photo: Falls here!
nice shot. it is a lot better then you think. the eyes are somethiing else.
  #18    Top
Old January 5th, 2005, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
That's awesome! Really interesting!
Sponsors
  #19    Top
Old January 6th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Excellent! Those "eyes" draw me right into this scene. Well done

Canon Digital Rebel
EFS 18-55mm
EF 75-300mm zoom
EF 80-200mm zoom
EFS 60mm 1:2.8 USM Macro

Someday I'll have more stuff!
  #20    Top
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM
No eyes...

Hello,

I was reading through some of the posts on here, and it seems like there are some who think that there are a pair of 'eyes' in this picture. These clouds are called 'stratus fractus' (I'm a meteorologist).. and there is nothing really remarkable about them. The human brain is great at trying to find patterns in visual data processed from the eyes.. especially when it comes to recognizing faces (something that we had better be good at to survive). The problem is, our brains are trying to find recognizable features/patterns in everything that we look at, whether we realize it or not. The result of this can be something that may look like a recognizable feature (eyes, for instance).. but this is only an illusion. For those who would say "well, what are the odds that clouds would take a shape so similar to a pair of eyes"... think about the almost endless combination of clouds that can and do occur every single day... and it is an inevitable that there will frequently be some combination of clouds that resemble something we've seen before... especially when taking into consideration that our brains try to make sense of things in the manner described above. Anyone lying on their back looking up at the sky on any given day could find a pattern in the clouds that looks like something.. assuming there are clouds on that day, of course
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things