Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Ancient Beirut

On my recent trip to Lebanon, I went to visit this ancient temple (I think) and managed only a few shots before sunset.

I think I only like the first and last ones - but thought I'd share them anyway. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ancient Beirut 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	25251  Click image for larger version

Name:	Ancient Beirut 2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	25252  Click image for larger version

Name:	Ancient Beirut 3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	25253  Click image for larger version

Name:	Ancient Beirut 4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	25254  Click image for larger version

Name:	Ancient Beirut 5.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	25255  

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #2    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Your kidding right? I love love LOVE this series of photos!!! The lighting is awesome and the perspective is beautiful. Though I really like the first and last..the 3rd and 4th are my favourite! Are they putting this temple back together,I'm asking because it looks like rebar and the pillars look cut?

It reminds me of my trip to Egypt (years ago)..I have similar shots but nothing as nice as this.

Well done!

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
  #3    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
wow Faisal.. this is a fantastic series.. I love the silhouettes and the light and shadows... the first .. third and fourth are my favorites of the series.. well done

Kenneth Tynan
  #4    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Wow! Thanks a lot Jenn and Aly. I hope that doesn't make me a good photographer with bad taste! LOL. I liked the colors in all of these - but wasn't too sure about the compositions. Maybe that's why I didn't like them a lot! I do now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll1
Are they putting this temple back together,I'm asking because it looks like rebar and the pillars look cut?

It reminds me of my trip to Egypt (years ago)..I have similar shots but nothing as nice as this.
I'm not sure, really. They are trying to restore what's left of it (with metal bars and such) but it didn't look like there are any plans to put anything back together. In fact, I was let in after visiting hours - on my own - and I noticed how some of the old bricks are still where they are loose on the ground! I could walk right ON them if I wanted to! (of course I didn't!). But I do visit Beirut often and will keep an eye to see if the structur ever changes.

Would love to see your photos of Egypt. I've been there 32 times! (and zero times after I got the SLR )

Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
lol well you going to Egypt is like me going to Florida..hop, skip and a jump!

Would love to show you photos but it was before digital camera's were the norm (5-6yrs ago) and I only had a crappy Cannon point and shoot. It was my first time out of Canada (and flying..alone)- loved it!! And want to go back as a photographer not as a culture shocked student LOL Aswan was my favourite (loved Elephantine Island - could spend days there)..but the Karnak temple was awe inspiring.

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
  #6    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: yf1
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great shots fal 1 sal! The color is great in these!
  #7    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Premiere Member
Thanks for your comments moodyblue.

And hey, Jenn! I hope you go to Egypt again and hope you get to visit all the places you wish to see someday. Egypt gets interesting the more you visit it - I think it'll take you only 12 or 13 visits to reduce the shock factor! LOL

#8    Top
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Premiere Member
What a beautiful series. I love them all! Great color, great shadows and silhouettes...really stunning!
Canon 28-135mm
Canon 70-300mm
Tamron 17-28mm
Canon 580 Speedlight

Canon 85mm
Canon 50mm
  #9    Top
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Elite Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
beautiful shots.great color and silhouettes.
  #10    Top
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Premiere Member
Thanks a lot Pam and Hendro. I really appreciate these comments.

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places