Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The CCC#23: Vehicular Photography Winning Photograph Is...

...Skidpan Joy by Frikfoto!!!

Congrats on your First Contest Corner Challenge Win, Frik!

Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Kiesel Bags, designers of professional photographer bags whose products range from small pouch bags to huge professional series bags. Now offering all PhotographyCorner Members 10% off any products. Coupon Code: PHOTOCRNR
This contest is also being sponsored by W. Waller & Son, Inc., a small New England company dedicated to bringing you the highest quality photography equipment bags available.

Prize: The prizes for the contest are supplied by Kiesel Bags & W. Waller & Son, Inc..

We had over 250 votes this contest. It was close with a couple of the photos, but Frik's photo beat out the next closest photo by 12 votes with a total vote count of 55! Congrats Frik!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ccc23-12-Skidpan-Joy---Frikfoto.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	600.2 KB
ID:	26145  
  #2    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Congrats Frik. Great shot.
  #3    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Congratulations Frik.... awesome shot...

Kenneth Tynan
  #4    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Junior VIP Member
Congratulations on your win! Well deserved... very nice photo!

http://www.imegesphotos.blogspot.com/
  #5    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 07:35 PM
the AM in Amature
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Good Job Frik!

Canon Digital Rebel T4i
Canon 18-135mm F5-5.6
Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6
Gopro 3 white
www.pbase.com/snowphoto
www.facebook.com/msnowphotography
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Congratulations Frikfoto. Great entry.

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
  #7    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Congratulations Frikfoto...beautiful shot
  #8    Top
Old July 16th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Congratulations! Great Job!

#9    Top
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
But you're very new! LOL.

Congratulations, Frik. Awesome shot and well deserved win.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #10    Top
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Boat_in_the_Mist
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Thank You

I would like to thank all the people that liked my entry, and thank you for
the votes. I think all the entries were winners, and it showed how much talent
we have in place. Its things like these that make the Corner such a great
place. I was photographing Cars on the highway, in window reflections and ended up
at our local racetrack hoping to find the shot that would work for me, as it was
a non-race day the only action was at the skidpan were a Driving course was held.
I was sitting on the embankment fiddling with my camera when my eye caught the first
car driving over the course and thatís when I saw the nice reflection, but it was to
late as the smoothness of the water was broken, the next hour or so it was car after
car and no reflections. I then found out that there would be a 30min break, this was the change that I was hoping for and as the first car came over the course again, I took the shot.
Camera: Nikon D70S,
Lens: Nikon 18-70

The only PS work was to crop it smaller and to change from a RAW file to Jpg
Again All my thanks
Frik
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner