Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  #1    Top
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:47 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Simulating an Orton Slide Sandwich

Simulating an Orton Slide Sandwich

Thanks for doing this up for us, Patman10!

Make sure you digg this article, too!
  #2    Top
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for sharing this technique Patman. You should have put a warning on it say that it is adictive, I even have a folder now called 'Orton'.
  #3    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:13 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Hard
I too am addicted to the Orton effect.......

.....been trying it on loads of my photos. This one is my favourite though. I liked the photo before but I think the the effect just added to it. Hope you like it too. I've attached the before and after. Comments welcome on either image.

Thanks, Karen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cottage Aug2006-0640 Orton.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	542.5 KB
ID:	31460  Click image for larger version

Name:	Cottage Aug2006-0640.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	31461  
  #5    Top
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:14 PM
That is neat. I have tried it and thanks for the tutorial.
  #6    Top
Old September 30th, 2006, 10:55 AM
never heard of this orton sandwich before...and already love the technique.
thanks a lot!!
  #7    Top
Old October 4th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Compressed Village
hmm ill have to try this when i get home, awesome outcomes!

Beware: Im a newbie
  #8    Top
Old December 17th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I love this Pat, but I'm having a PS problem. When I try to use the move tool, PS won't let me because the layer is locked (partially). All my images are like that. I'm baffled
  #9    Top
Old December 17th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Recent Photo: Graffiti Girl
Bruce, I've got round that by just doing a Select all>Edit>copy and then paste. A couple more key strokes, but it works fine!

Oh yeah - I forgot to add - I'm addicted too!!

If you cannot lend a hand, be a nuisance! The most important thing is to take part!!
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old December 17th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Ahhhh didn't think of that. Thanks Cathie!!