Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  #11    Top
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Worked a treat Cathie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calstock1Orton2sized.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	39727  Click image for larger version

Name:	ortonboats.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	39728  
  #12    Top
Old December 17th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
A toned down version of the first pic. Realized I had overdone it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calstockOrtonSized.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	39754  
  #13    Top
Old December 19th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Addicting! Thanks for the tut!
  #14    Top
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Nice tutorial ... Works like charm. Thanks a lot
  #15    Top
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM
It's new technique to me.
I try one and I liked of final result.
Thanks by tutorial.
  #16    Top
Old February 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Big Butters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
This is the first tut I tried here when I joined. I am hooked on the effect and the site!

C&C Always Welcome!

Just a Breeze was just a blast! ........ Fat Boy we miss you.
My Web Site My SmugMug My ETSY
Sponsors
  #17    Top
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Account Disabled
Tim: I am an old timer that used to sandwich slides all the time. Since going digital I figured there must be a way to do this but had no idea how. Thanks. Cannot wait to give it a try.
  #18    Top
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
i'd heard of this effect, but never tried it... but this tutorial makes it easy! thanks to Patman and Tim for this one!
here's my first attempt...

the original...

and the "Orton"...

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #19    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Recent Photo: Tulitp fun
These photos look very nice. But... sorry for my ignorance, but i just want to ask, what exactly Orton effect means?
  #20    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Hard
It is an effect developed by a photographer named Michael Orton. He originally did it using slides. This tutorial explains how to do it in Photoshop.

Here is a link to Michael's website and an article that I found when I was searching on the web. I didn't know what it was either but once I tried it I was addicted.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials