Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 14th, 2005, 04:14 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Newlyweds Uniting Against Photographer

Article: Newlyweds Uniting Against Photographer
By Stephen Dyer from www.ohio.com

All they want are their wedding photos on a CD -- their happiest day saved on a shiny disc.

However, in the 15 months since Steffani and Michael McCoy were married, they have yet to receive their pictures or CD -- and they paid more than $2,000 for them.

"Just give us our CD,'' Michael pleaded last week. "That's all we want.''

The McCoys are among at least 20 newlyweds and wedding party members from Northeast Ohio, Florida, Texas and Colorado who said they have experienced similar post-wedding fates, all thanks to a smooth-talking nurse-turned-photographer named Brian Fry.

Officials with the Canton region's Better Business Bureau said they have received nine complaints against the 36-year-old Fry and his Stark County-based -- now Florida-based -- company, Brian Fry Photography.

The complaints are all remarkably similar: Fry required the couples to pay, in some cases, $3,000 or more up front for his services; Fry or an assistant took the wedding photos; the couple made numerous attempts to obtain their final album or CD; Fry stopped responding; and, ultimately, the couple got no pictures. more...
  #2    Top
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Man, that's just WRONG! If they were there and took the photos, just give them a cd! What a loser.
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #3    Top
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:59 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I know... it's awful, eh? No wonder so many brides are stressed out all the time??! Can you imagine? If/when I get married this summer, and my photographer tries to pull something like that... well, all I can say is he'd better be able to run faster than I can.
  #4    Top
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Tim, being you are admin of this site....you should know someone who would take your pictures that you could trust....hell, I'll take them....for free....but NO CD...LMAO!!!! (Plus you would have to give me really good directions to Canada 'cause I have never been further north than Virginia....hehehe .

Quote:
just give them a cd
For real man!!! A picture cd without developing ANYTHING cost a whopping $3.00. Good lord, he still would have had $1998.00 left to run with....

My Website
  #5    Top
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
You can buy a spindle of 100 memorex cd-r cd's for something like $25us in the states, so its only like $0.25, not $3. :0) Unless your counting electricity to run the pc, no idea what that would be.

And I know some people dont like memorex, but ive burned over 150 of them so far and I havent had a problem yet *knocks on wood*.
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:38 PM
P-R-O-crastinator
But I was saying that if the photographer even had to get them from film to cd (at a processing place) then it would only cost 3 bucks.

My Website
  #7    Top
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Oh ok. :0) Its alot more than that once the negatives are developed and cut up. At least here.
  #8    Top
Old January 30th, 2005, 06:49 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Well, I believe prices up there are high compared to here anyway. My sister lived in Alberta back in the early 90's and I believe she said one pack of cigarettes was 5.00! I was like holy crap. They are like 3.00 a pck here now. I can't imagine what they would cost now......

My Website
  #9    Top
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:31 PM
The Corner Creator
A pack of smokes in Alberta cost close to $10CDN now...
  #10    Top
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
People in NYC or NY state that bought cigarettes online/out of state to get around the high taxes are now getting sued for back taxes or something like that.

I think Ottawa is smoke free as in you cant smoke in public places like restaurants, etc, and I think thats spreading.

Id hate to be a smoker these days, other than smelling, burning money, getting lung cancer, etc. :0)
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News