Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Account Disabled
The Banana In My Kitchen

So many exotic pictures to see, but what about the more mundane things of life? My camera would be gathering cobwebs if I only shoot the beautiful things. So here I go with a potential series of ordinary stuff. Never mind the DOF; what about the questions that this banana raises? How many bananas were in that bunch? Does this particular banana still exist or has it now been consumed by the hungry photographer? Who might have eaten it if my wife had not bought it? Where was it's place of birth?

Perhaps you have mundane stuff around your home. Let's see it and critique it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	banana.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	28409  
  #2    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
That's a very nice shot of a banana.. good lighting and background..... now I have the urge to make some banana creme pie...

Kenneth Tynan
  #3    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyeska41
That's a very nice shot of a banana.. good lighting and background..... now I have the urge to make some banana creme pie...
I'll make a fresh pot of coffee to go with it!
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Those little things we become complacent about are often the most beautiful if we take the time to see them. I think most photographers do..as is obvious from this forum..and here's another prime example. Bananas are perfect art forms really, aren't they, from color to shape..I think the photographer, in this case, ate the banana, it came from a bunch of six and finding it irristable, the same said photographer ate another! Here's my ordinary object..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4731gotcha2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	28421  

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #5    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: IMGP0112
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
My middle name is mundane.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Apple White small.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	28436  

Pentax K20D~Pentax 16-24, 55, 50-135, Sigma 70-300

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary."
~Aaron Rose
  #6    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri
Those little things we become complacent about are often the most beautiful if we take the time to see them. I think most photographers do..as is obvious from this forum..and here's another prime example. Bananas are perfect art forms really, aren't they, from color to shape..I think the photographer, in this case, ate the banana, it came from a bunch of six and finding it irristable, the same said photographer ate another! Here's my ordinary object..
You must be psychic! There were six bananas in that bunch, and I did eat it soon after I downloaded the picture to my computer.

You are right; the banana does have a beautiful form of its own, and a beautiful taste to go with it.

You have me stumped with your ordinary object. Is it a stapler?
  #7    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNYorkie
My middle name is mundane.
Who would have thought a single piece of fruit could be so beautiful? The colours in your apple are rich. A very nice mundane picture!
  #8    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Yup, Prof, it's a stapler..no fruit in the house today..

I'm, liking your apple yorkie...must get out tomorrow and buy fruit!

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #9    Top
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri
Yup, Prof, it's a stapler..no fruit in the house today..
What a dynamic shot of a stapler! Very good! But it raises questions: Why was it standing on end? What did you intend to do with it in that position? Was it made to stand on end? What size staples were in it, if any? These things boggle the mind!
  #10    Top
Old August 5th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Account Disabled
New mundane object - The Needle

A common sewing needle. This one is one and a half inches long.
I took a lot of shots to get this rendered even a bit decently. I used a dedicated flash with a "Shell" diffuser, but I guess I would need light boxes to do it well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	needle.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	28541  
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things