Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:19 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Yeah, it ought to have. But strangely it's the quietest of the three at the moment. I expect that to change quite markedly over the next 6+ months.

Aaron
  #12    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:25 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
What are you doing to change that, if I may ask? Any tips are helpful.
  #13    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Just devoting more and more time to it. The travel forums are self-running now, and I have a really good Admin helping out on that one. I'll just be able to spend a lot more time and focus a lot more on the sport forums in the coming months, that's all.

Aaron
  #14    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, getting some good mods on the site will help once you get past that certain member threshold... at what point did you find that the forums sort of started to run itself...?
  #15    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
Yeah, getting some good mods on the site will help once you get past that certain member threshold... at what point did you find that the forums sort of started to run itself...?
That's a good question; I'm curious to know this myself. 100 members? 200 members or more? 1000 posts? 2000 posts or more?
  #16    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
The Corner Creator
I'm aiming for 500 members by the end of the year... I think it really depends on the nature of the site, though...
  #17    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
I think once we get more members... Everything will start to run itself. We can have the same people post 1000 posts, but the more people we get... the better insight and opinions we get... ( not that anyone's here is not good enough) The more people= the more topics= the more posts...
  #18    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
The Corner Creator
Exactly... we'll get some good debates going, different opinions and a variety of views (and critiques). I'm by no means a photography expert, so I would welcome some more professional photographers in here. Variety is always good.
  #19    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
I am no professional either... but I can hold my ground..... lol... I have been trying to find other message boards to get the word out.... but I don't want to be spamming u know... I do it casually... lol
  #20    Top
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:51 PM
The Corner Creator
Exactly... I'll be joining some other forums as well... posting links to similar discussions and whatnot... gotta be low key, though.