Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
RAW Dragonfly

Ok, this is my posted picture shooting in RAW. I shot the dragonfly and used Adobe CS2 to process the file and then added an unsharp mask.

I like shooting the forest dragonflies because they seem like afraid of people and will sit still and let you get close. I try to get as close as possible by getting in the midst of them and then sitting or standing very still. They tend to return to similar spots and will remain there if you don't scare them. Then I use the Macro feature of my camera and try to get in front of them and slightly above.

I am including the original shot data so if you have any suggestions on how to improve both this shot and future shots, please share them.

Panasonic DMC-FZ30
Shutter Speed: 1/320 sec.
Exposure Program: Manual
F/Stop: 5.0
Aperture Value: 5.0
Max. Aperture Value: 2.8
ISO 100
Focal Length: 7.4 mm
Metering Mode: Pattern

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040343resized.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	28768

Oh and subsequently, This is my first photo in the Feedback Section but don't let that hold you back. I know I have a lot to leanr.
  #2    Top
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Too Far
Recent Photo: Thristy 2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I think you have done an amazing job on this pic Joe. The detail is amazing, love the angle. Can't give you any neg feedback or advise, I think this shot is great, and I don't usually comment in the Feeback section, but had to with this one. Well done Joe!
  #3    Top
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I have to agree Joe, I think you did a super job!
  #4    Top
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great job Joe. I very much like the detail you captured. The only very very minor nit is the little piece of shadow you caught in the lower right corner.

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
  #5    Top
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAY
Great job Joe. I very much like the detail you captured. The only very very minor nit is the little piece of shadow you caught in the lower right corner.

Yea the guy holding the camera wouldn't get his 6'2" 235 lbs butt out of the way.

I couldn't get the shadow out without losing part of the wing.
  #6    Top
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:13 PM
aka jorakot
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Great job joe.

The crop is good, demands attention for the dragonfly.
I see the sand is kinda bright, but properly exposed as it should be. I would not mind working with it if you would permit. Just to add contrast